MAT in Special Education Careers & Outcomes
The special education program at Pacific University is dedicated to preparing all teachers to support students with disabilities as equal and valuable members of the school community through a curriculum that focuses on the following learning outcomes:
- Ability to implement strategies for teaching students with disabilities
- Facility with technologies for 21st Century teaching and learning
- Ability to implement inclusive practices for diverse learners
- Knowledge of how to build school partnerships and internships
- Skill in special education leadership and advocacy
When Luis Cisneros MAT ‘13 was a child, he worked with his family members in the fields and ditches around Nyssa, Ore., on the Idaho border. Now he’s overseeing other young people as dean of students at Nyssa Elementary School.