Proposal & Thesis Writing | Vision Science (MS)
- Prior to registration of OPT 995 Thesis Research, the MS student should submit his/her thesis proposal to the Director of the VSG Program listing the research question and research hypotheses with a brief description of supporting literature.
- Research involving human subjects must obtain approval from Pacific University IRB.
- In the early stage of the thesis planning, or at least before data collection, the student should submit a complete research proposal to his/her thesis committee for approval. It is better to obtain feedback and suggestions from the committee before or around the time to submit the IRB proposal. Here is the suggested thesis proposal outline.
- Students should write their thesis as intended for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- The writing format may differ by the chosen journal or based on the suggestion of the thesis advisor. Usually it should include the following sections: Abstract, Introduction, Literature Review, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusions, References, and Appendixes (optional). Here is a Thesis Template for your reference. You may contact the Director of VSG Program for a copy of the template in Word format.