Strategic planning at Pacific is orchestrated around our key mission themes, supported by an annual cycle of review, and implemented, in part, through integration with our budgeting process.
At a high level, the strategic planning process follows an annual cycle of analysis, update, implementation/proposal, and review. This process can be seen in the strategic planning flowchart (pdf on Box). Both the flowchart and the strategic planning and budget calendar (pdf on Box) show the close integration with the budgeting process.
- Conduct analysis of program/unit strengths, opportunities, challenges, and assessment practices. This was included in the 2015 Imagine Pacific 2020 Templates. From 2016 on, this is supported and documented by the Spring Analysis form.
- Update shared strategic plans. Include Resource Reference Numbers for new items. To edit your strategic plan in Box, use this link.
- Summarize strategic plan changes including updates, progress, assumptions, and upcoming priorities. This is supported and documents by the Fall Update form.
- Use strategic plan and related analysis and review to inform budget requests. Link budget and capital requests to strategic plan via the Resource Reference Numbers.
- The budget process provides review and feedback of strategic planning items included in the budget. Further review is conduced by the Cabinet over the summer.
The Pacific University Vision 2020 Strategic Plan (pdf) was approved by the Board of Trustees on May 18, 2012.
Strategic plans for units, departments, colleges, and schools are available to the campus community. These are designed to be living documents that will be updated and changed to best serve Pacific's Mission and adapt to the results of our analysis and environmental considerations.
Documentation created throughout the annual cycle is collected in four summary documents for review and reference.
Drafts of the forms referenced in the process are provided below for reference.
- Combined Strategic Planning and Budget Timeline (pdf on Box)
- Fall Strategic Planning Update form (2016 pdf on Box)
- Spring Analysis form - Academic (Example pdf on Box)
- Spring Analysis form - Administrative (Example pdf on Box)