Come to Campus in Fall 2020
What will the Forest Grove Campus be like in Fall 2020?
In the fall of 2020, some of the really important things about college will be the same: Professors will be teaching classes, and students will be making friends, learning and sharing in the Pacific community.
But campus life will have to make some changes this fall in order to minimize the risk of transmission of the coronavirus:
- Unfortunately, we have had to cancel international travel in the fall.
- We will also have to limit the size of group gatherings on campus — including limiting class sizes — so that students can maintain safe distances in their classrooms.
- We will have increased cleaning and sanitizing across campus.
- We will have protocols around hand-washing and mask-wearing, as well as modified dining services.
- We will have provisions in place to allow students to continue their learning should a student require self-quarantine.
- We will have protocols in place to monitor the health of our students, faculty and staff so that we can react quickly and effectively should one of our community members be exposed to or infected with the COVID-19 virus.
- We will adhere to the guidance of Oregon’s Higher Education Coordinating Commission, the Oregon Health Authority and the Office of the Oregon Governor.
We know this all sounds unusual and unexpected. It is. But the Boxer community is strong, and we can do this. We are at our best when we are together on campus.
We will keep all of you informed as we establish our safety protocols for campus.