Outdoor Leadership Careers & Outcomes
Graduates of the Pacific University outdoor leadership program are prepared to enter the outdoor adventure industry in pursuit of their dream profession.
Outdoor Leadership Careers
With careful selection of courses and experiential opportunities, students will pursue a wide range of fields, such as:
- Outdoor adventure programming
- Adaptive adventure programming
- Outdoor education instruction
- Adventure videographer
- Federal or state land management agencies
- Wilderness therapy
Outdoor Leadership Outcomes
By completing a major in outdoor leadership, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a level of technical mastery in specific outdoor adventure disciplines in order to lead participants in a responsible and ethical manner.
- Evaluate leadership, facilitation, and risk management theories and apply these to real world settings that create challenging and transformational outdoor adventure experiences.
- Investigate the dynamic relationship between outdoor adventure recreation and the natural environment, and its practical application to humanity.
- Develop an awareness of systemic oppression and the impact of the intersectionality of race, class, gender, and place in outdoor adventure experiences.