Chaminade University of Honolulu PharmD Bridge Program
For eligible students, the Chaminade University PharmD Bridge Program aims to nurture career interests, provide enriching pre-professional development, and pave a way for success in Pacific University’s 3-year Doctor of Pharmacy degree program.
Faculty and staff at Pacific University and Chaminade support students through key phases of the Bridge Program.
Prospective Student Outreach
Representatives from Pacific University will be facilitating information sessions at Chaminade to educate students about pharmacy careers, explain criteria for admissions to PharmD, and discuss opportunities provided through the Bridge Program.
Applying to the Bridge Program
Chaminade students may apply to the Bridge program at any time after completing their Sophomore/2nd year’s grades, typically in the summer/fall. To be admitted to the Bridge Program, students must meet the following requirements:
These must include the following core courses at Chaminade:
- General Biology I (4)
- General Chemistry I (4)
- Intro to Expository Writing (3)
- Intro to Psychology (3)
- General Biology II (4)
- General Chemistry II (4)
- Expository Writing (3)
- Calculus I (5)
- Health Professions Seminar I (3)
Your graduation plan should include:
- the applicant’s general education courses that will complete requirements for an undergraduate degree
- courses that will complete prerequisite admissions requirements for the Doctor of Pharmacy Program
The graduation plan must be approved by a Chaminade Health Professions Advisor.
Minimum grades include:
- Grade of C or higher in all core courses (C- does not count)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Science GPA of 3.0 or higher