Portland State University PharmD Bridge Program
For eligible students, the Portland State University PharmD Bridge Program aims to nurture career interests, provide enriching pre-professional development, and pave a way for success in Pacific University’s 3-year Doctor of Pharmacy degree program.
Faculty and staff at Pacific University and PSU support students through key phases of the Bridge Program.
Prospective Student Outreach
Representatives from Pacific University will be facilitating information sessions at PSU to educate students about pharmacy careers, explain criteria for admissions to PharmD, and discuss opportunities provided through the Bridge Program.
Applying to the Bridge Program
PSU students may apply to the Bridge program at any time after completing their Sophomore/2nd year’s grades, typically in the summer/fall. To be admitted to the Bridge Program, students must meet the following requirements:
These must include the following core courses at PSU:
- General Chemistry: CH 221/227, 222/228, 223/229
- Organic Chemistry: CH 331/337
- Calculus: MTH 251 or 246
- College Composition: WR 121 and WR 122 or WR123 (depending on placement scores)
Your graduation plan should include:
- the applicant’s general education courses that will complete requirements for an undergraduate degree
- courses that will complete prerequisite admissions requirements for the Doctor of Pharmacy Program
The graduation plan must be approved by a PSU Health Professions Advisor.
Minimum grades include:
- Grade of C or higher in all core courses (C- does not count)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Science GPA of 3.0 or higher