How to Apply for the Applied Psychological Science Program
MA/MS in Applied Psychological Science: How To Apply
The Fall 2018 Pacific University School of Graduate Psychology Application is online.
Preferred deadline: February 1, 2018
*Application fee waived until February 1st if you place code "APS2018" in fee waiver box located on the payment page of the application.
Final deadline: March 1, 2018
The admissions process is operated on a rolling admission basis which means the program reviews and makes admission decisions as complete applications are received. It is beneficial to submit your application as soon as possible.
Complete applications (to be considered for admission) include the following:
- Departmental application: Fill out the application, following all instructions.
- Official Academic Transcript(s): All applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university. A minimum of a 3.0 GPA on the last 60 undergraduate semester hours of letter-grade work earned before receipt of a bachelor's (plus any previously completed graduate or professional work) is preferred. We do not require the GRE to apply.
- The program also requires the following prerequisite courses: Introduction to Psychology, Quantitative and Statistical Methods. The following courses are recommended: Personality, Abnormal Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Experimental / Research Psychology, Physiological Psychology and Social Psychology. Applicants may be admitted with prerequisite course in progress. However all prerequisite courses must be completed with passing grades of "C" or higher before an admitted student can matriculate into the program.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from non-related individuals familiar with the student’s scholarly work and/or relevant work experience
- Resume/curriculum vita that includes prior experience in research or clinical areas, awards and scholarships
- A statement of interest (1-2 pages) which conveys the student’s background and previous experience including why they believe them self a good candidate for our program. Within this statement of interest, the student should detail any relevant interests and why they want to pursue graduate study within the specialty indicated on their application
The APS Program is aligned with SGP's mission and desire to achieve full diversity representation in its student body and strongly encourages individuals from underrepresented and underserved populations to apply.