Dissertation | Clinical Psychology PsyD
The doctoral dissertation provides evidence of scholarly competence representing an original contribution to psychology. In keeping with the practitioner-scholar model of the School of Graduate Psychology, dissertations are not confined to traditional experimental studies, but may use a variety of formats:
- Single case experimental designs
- Case studies of individuals, groups or systems
- Program development or evaluation
- Experimental or correlational research
- A synthesis and extension of scholarly literature
The complete dissertation is defended in a public oral examination. Students are expected to work within the realm of our faculty's expertise.