Sports Communication Student Outcomes
Graduates of the sports communication program are prepared to enter sports and sports-related industries as a media professional. Our program includes academic courses and experiential opportunities that will qualify you for a number of careers in the field that you love.
By completing a major in sports communication, students will be able to:
- Create effective messages in a variety of formats that are appropriate to specific audiences,
- Develop a communications strategy that supports the mission and values of sports-related organizations,
- Describe the unique characteristics of the field of sports and how they affect the communication process,
- Create work that reflects an understanding of the legal and ethical implications of communication in sports-related industries,
- Communicate effectively via written, oral, visual or other means appropriate to the intended audience.