COVID-19 Operations | Outdoor Pursuits
Outdoor Pursuits will be offering outdoor equipment rental services and day trips to Pacific students, and non-students this fall. We ask that you review the other information, including the updated rental reservations, pick up, and return procedures, prior to making a reservation.
The list of available equipment and trips will be updated as we adjust to each phase of the COVID-19 pandemic. If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com, or call us at 503-352-2264.
We appreciate your patience with this situation, and hope that you are all able to stay active, spend some time in the fresh air, and maintain your health! If you have any questions about COVID-19 or how Pacific University will be functioning during this time, please visit the COVID-19 Response and Planning webpages.
Due to social distance learning on campus this fall, the Outdoor Pursuits office (Milky Way) will be housing several classes. We will continue to offer gear rentals and run trips out of our office however you may notice some changes to our space. We will continue to be open Monday through Friday in person, 3 pm to 7 pm, starting spring semester and encourage you to contact us at 503-352-2264 or firstname.lastname@example.org to rent gear and sign up for trips Monday through Friday from 1 pm to 7 pm.
- Masks are required at all times in and outside of the Milky Way.
- All rentals are curbside pickup at this time.
- Please call ahead to make your rental reservation and we will prepare your gear for curbside pickup.
Outdoor Pursuits Employees Will:
- Complete the Pacific University Employee Return to Work Training and comply with self-screening requirements.
- Adhere to Pacific Universities’s COVID-19 return to work protocols and policies, including social distancing in the workplace, use of masks and PPE, and proper sanitization.
- Wear cloth masks / facial coverings as required by Oregon state law, Washington County, and Pacific University.
- Utilize phone reservation systems to pre-pay and limit interactions, and wear gloves while handling credit cards and cash.
- Maintain a digital log of all customers, including at a minimum: first name, last name, email address, and telephone information.
- Advise users to bring their own pens to sign waivers or use hand sanitizer when using digital devices to sign waivers. Outdoor Pursuits will also provide hand sanitizer during the equipment pick up and return process.
- Create adequate space for physical distancing while outfitting customers. Use visual markers for reference.
- Maintain social distance when issuing equipment and during return process.
- Sanitize equipment before returning them to active inventory.
- Maintain cleaning protocols that allow for proper disinfection of helmets, gear, protective clothing, and life jackets after use using CDC and EPA approved products.
- Regularly sanitize countertops, handrails, door knobs, and other common surfaces. Have hand sanitizer available for staff and clients.
Outdoor Pursuits Curbside Rentals
Masks are required during gear pickup and gear returns.
Rental Reservations and Pick Up
Masks are required during gear pickup.
- While we will continue to rent gear this winter and spring, we encourage you to contact our office and place a gear reservation over the phone at 503-352-2264. When making your reservation you will have the option to prepay for your rental in order to minimize contact during your gear pick up.
Once you have made your reservation, you will set up a time between 3 pm and 6 pm for curbside pickup of your gear. This allows for reservations to be made days in advance. We recommend that you set your pickup time at least 30 minutes after your initial reservation in order for Outdoor Pursuits staff to prepare your gear for curbside pickup.
Outdoor pursuits staff will prepare your gear prior to your arrival and print your rental agreement and any waivers you may need.
We will offer curbside pickup for gear reservations in order to maintain physical distancing. Outdoor Pursuits staff will bring your gear and rental agreements to you outside the Milky Way and process your payment if you did not prepay over the phone.
Masks are required during gear returns.
- When returning your gear, you will head to a designated gear return area where you will meet with a staff member.
- Outdoor Pursuits staff will instruct you on where to drop your gear, and will process your return. If outstanding balances are noted, the staff will process any final payments.
- Once the gear return has been processed, staff will sanitize all gear before it is returned to rental inventory.