We understand that another added expense can be overwhelming or hindering to your Pacific University experience. Below are a few options on how you can attend Voyages at discounted rates.
Do you come from a low-income background? Through the AANAPISI grant, we may provide full Voyage discounts (up to $450*) for up to 15 qualifying participants (first come, first serve). Clothing, gear, and equipment rental costs are waived. The purpose of this discount is to help students afford participation in the Voyages program, to build bonds with incoming students, and to increase their confidence in meeting the challenges of a new college environment.
- Recipients must meet the financial-need prerequisite in order to receive a *FREE Voyage.
- Deposits are nonrefundable if you cancel.
- Qualifying students will receive a registration code (via mail, and email). Please enter this code when registering.
- Those who pariticipate in Voyages are required to enroll in the College Success Course (PACU-260 | Fall, 1-credit)
- Qualifying participants must register by June 30. After June 30, contact us to see if there is still space available.
- Please call us if you have any questions about your qualification status!
*You will pay a $25 non-refundable registration fee. AANAPISI pays the remaining $450.
Will Voyages be your first multi-day outdoor trip? If so, submit a picture of yourself and write a paragraph of how you think Voyages will challenge you and help you grow as a new college student. One candidate will be awarded up to $200 off regular trip prices** (due 06/01)
Are you an avid outdoors person? If so, submit a picture of yourself and write a paragraph of how the outdoors has shaped your life, and how Voyages may help you grow as a new college student. Once candidate will be awarded up to $200 off regular trip prices!** (due 06/01)
Do you want to be a Voyage leader and are: a) a 1st generation college student; b) in financial need, and/or c) a member of a marginalized population? We provide a $680 award for up to 5 qualifying leaders (first come, first serve). The purpose of this incentive is to support disadvantaged students in becoming involved with the Voyages program, to build skills in leadership, and to increase their confidence in meeting the challenges of the outdoor guiding industry. To apply, see our staff page and the Voyage Leader Application.
**All discounts/scholarships are determined by Voyage Coordinators based on individual participant need and personal statements.