The Pacific University Advantage Program offers students rigorous preparation for careers in the health professions through a combination of coursework, advising, observational hours, experiential learning opportunities, and assistance with the application process. Students must apply to the Advantage Program. See Program Requirements for additional information.
- Early exposure to various healthcare careers, including pathways to prepare to enter these careers. Guest speakers will discuss opportunities and challenges, as well as educational and other requirements for various healthcare careers.
- A hands-on learning approach. Advantage Scholars are encouraged to gain experience through observational hours, internships, and research opportunities obtained by the students with assistance from the Career Development Center.
- Pre-professional advising through in-depth guidance from a pre-health professions faculty advisor and Pathways career advisor including assistance in developing academic plans consistent with student goals.
- Assistance with professional program applications from the Career Development Center and Pathways career advisor. Get advice and support with preparation of resumes, applications, admissions essays, and requests for scholarships, assistantships, and grants for graduate school.
- A strong, academically competitive liberal arts education. Pacific’s core curriculum offers the advantages of a broad-based education. This enhances a student’s ability to relate to patients and helps develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills which will prepare the student academically for the rigors of professional school.
Learn more about the types of programs Pacific University offers.
Current Students & Alumni
Advantage Scholars who are applying to one of Pacific University's graduate programs AND who wish to use their guaranteed interview must complete an online form by the application deadline (deadlines listed below are subject to change, always check program's specific website for most current information). It is HIGHLY recommended that students complete the Guaranteed Interview Form as soon as the application has been submitted to Pacific (for programs with supplemental applications, you can submit this form as soon as you complete your common application). Students will be validated for approval based on cumulative Pacific GPA and the completion of HPE courses (190, 290, 390).
Students will receive a confirmation email within 10 business days if their request for a guaranteed interview as been approved and sent to the graduate program.
Note that Advantage does not check prerequisites for each program, if you are missing prerequisite coursework, the guaranteed interview will not be considered legitimate by the graduate programs.
Application Deadline: Jan. 15th
Guaranteed Interview Form: http://www.pacificu.edu/sites/html/forms/CDC/61045855489
Application Deadline: preferred: Dec 6th, final: Jan. 12th
Guaranteed Interview Form: http://www.pacificu.edu/sites/html/forms/CDC/61045722509
Application Deadline: Feb 13
Guaranteed Interview Form: http://www.pacificu.edu/sites/html/forms/CDC/61045608450
Application Deadline: Jan. 5th
Guaranteed Interview Form: http://www.pacificu.edu/sites/html/forms/CDC/61040052508
Application Deadline: Oct. 17th
Guaranteed Interview Form: http://www.pacificu.edu/sites/html/forms/CDC/60904452521
Application Deadline: Sept. 1st
Guaranteed Interview Form: http://www.pacificu.edu/sites/html/forms/CDC/60902222454
Speech Language Pathology
Application Deadline: Jan 15
Guaranteed Interview Form: http://www.pacificu.edu/sites/html/forms/CDC/61040337453