Campus Wellness provides programming and outreach on the following wellness topics:
- Healthy relationships
- Substance use risk reduction
- Sexual assault/unwanted sexual experiences
- Body image
- Stress management
Campus Wellness Video Contest
Want to win $300 in prizes?
- $100 Amazon gift cards
- $50 Fred Meyer gift card
- $100 in day trips through Outdoor Pursuits
- Plus gift cards to Maggie’s Buns, Pizza Schmizza and the book store!
Make a Welly and win fame, glory and prizes while also making a huge difference on our campus!
What are the Wellys?
The Wellys are a video contest, where students produce short videos to educate about sexual violence prevention. Grab some friends, or work on your own, to create a video about consent or bystander intervention, and enter it for a chance to win your very own Welly! The top video will be shown at Campus Wellness Presentations, and every participant will be a part of making a positive change on our campus! Winners will walk away with their very own Welly, prizes, fame, glory, and the feeling that they made a difference!
Make a video about…
- Consent: Show what an enthusiastic “yes” looks like
- Definition: A voluntary, sober, continuous, verbal agreement between participants to engage in a specific sexual activity
- Bystander Intervention à Show an example of how to prevent sexual violence. Use the ACT Model = Ask for help (ask RA, call CPS, a friend), Create a distraction (“come look at this with me”), Talk to the person directly (“As your friend I’m worried about ___ because you ___”)
Here’s some examples to get your creative juices flowing….
- Phone consent video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laMtr-rUEmY
- UO SWAT videos - http://swat.uoregon.edu/videos.aspx