Dental Health Science
"I chose Pacific University's dental hygiene program because of the passion for public health it incorporates into the learning experience. We are not only becoming hygienists, but community leaders as well."
-Shelby Nickens, Class of 2010
In fall 2006, our new 100,000-square foot state-of-the-art College of Health Professions Campus opened the doors of Creighton Hall, in Hillsboro, Ore. This facility is home to our new School of Dental Health Science, as well as occupational therapy, physician assistant studies, physical therapy and pharmacy.
The mission of the School of Dental Health Science at Pacific University is to provide an outstanding education for our students, compassionate care for our patients and exemplary service to the community and the profession.
The goals of the School of Dental Health Science are to:
- Prepare dental health professionals for clinical, educational and leadership roles in a variety of settings.
- Provide diverse patient populations with dental health care that meets their individual needs and is based on current standards of care and emerging scientific research.
- Create a supportive teaching-learning environment that provides state-of-the-art instructional resources and facilities.
- Promote optimal oral health for the public through community outreach programs.
- Advance the dental health professions through association activities and continuing professional development.
Is Pacific University right for you? The best way to tell is to come for a visit. You can talk with an admissions counselor and find out why those in the program chose Pacific University. Health Professions Campus Video Tour
Office of Graduate & Professional Admissions
190 SE 8th Avenue, Suite 181
Hillsboro, Oregon 97123