The Pacific Psychology Clinic (PPC) operates from an evidence-based treatment philosophy. That is, we have a professional and ethical responsibility to provide our clients with the best possible treatment to match their needs. Visit the American Psychological Association's (APA) webpage for the official guidelines.
To this end, our clinicians
- Are up to date on state-of-the-art therapeutic interventions
- Receive specific initial and on-going training and supervision in evidence-based interventions
- Personalize evidence-based interventions to meet the unique needs of each client
- Carefully and appropriately assess client progress to ensure that client needs are met.
Treatment at the PPC involves the following steps:
Callers requesting services talk to a clinician who asks some questions to assess the match between our services and caller needs. Callers either receive an appointment for intake or a referral to more appropriate services.
- Comprehensive initial interview to assess reasons for seeking treatment, goals for therapy, and diagnosis.
- Several questionnaires are used to collect additional information about the nature and severity of presenting concerns and to provide a baseline or comparison point for treatment progress.
Based on this initial assessment and further discussion between the client and therapist, a treatment plan is collaboratively developed by the 4th session. This treatment plan involves specific treatment goals, interventions, and outcome measurement. Both therapist and client participate in the creation of the treatment plan. This plan becomes the flexible road map for treatment. If a client’s needs or wishes change, the treatment plan also changes.
Treatment usually involves
Weekly 50 minute sessions with the therapist
Weekly questionnaire assessment based on the treatment plan
Between-session homework to enhance progress
Treatment conclusion is a collaborative decision between therapist and client based on goal progress and client wishes. The final phase of treatment may involve a reduced frequency of sessions and a focus on increasing your ability to implement changes independently. Ultimately, our goal is for you to feel confident in your ability to manage issues on your own as they may arise and to recognize when you may benefit from coming back in for a session to brush up on your skills or target specific stressors proactively.