Physician Assistant Studies
The School of Physician Assistant Studies prepares and mentors students within an innovative curriculum to provide quality care for a diverse global community focusing on primary care for underserved and rural populations.
The faculty, staff, students, and alumni of the School of Physician Assistant Studies
- Advocate for the highest quality of care for all patients
- Respect the social, emotional and spiritual needs of the individual
- Value the diversity of all cultures, people and lifestyles
- Support the patient's right to participate in all healthcare decisions
- Promote the interprofessional team approach to achieving healthcare equity within communities
- Honor professionalism through respectful interactions
- Foster a culture for peer mentoring and relationship building
- Encourage lifelong learning through the application of evidence based concepts
- Maintain a commitment to self-awareness and well being
- Commit to the advancement of the profession through participation in professional, legislative and community outreach activities
- Respond to the global needs for community based practice and international education
The School of Physician Assistant Studies provides a comprehensive curriculum utilizing innovative and traditional formats in a dynamic learning environment. The focus of the School is driven by, and responds to, the healthcare needs of the local and global community with a strong commitment to multilingual, multicultural, and gender-equitable learning. The School is nationally and internationally recognized as an outstanding model of PA education.