Current Preceptor Resources
|Experiential Program Contacts|
Jeremy Hughes, PharmD, Assistant Professor,
Director for Experiential Education, 503-352-2682, email@example.com
Becky Shipman, CPhT
Academic Coordinator for Experiential Education, 503-352-7334, firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinator for Experiential Education, 503-352-7293, email@example.com
About our Program
The School of Pharmacy at Pacific University offers a three-year curriculum leading to the Doctor of Pharmacy degree. Located in Hillsboro, Oregon on the Health Professions Campus along with six other health professional programs, the School uses a competency-based curriculum, with courses delivered in a modified block format. In this format students study one topic area for two weeks before moving on to another content area. The competency-based design encourages team work and collaboration among students while removing the competitive nature present in many professional curriculums.
Students complete Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience components (IPPE 1, 2, & 3) of the curriculum throughout their first and second school years; with the third year being devoted entirely to on site Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences (APPE).
If you are interested in becoming a preceptor with our program, please fill out our Request Information Form.
E*Value Experiential Management System
Our experiential scheduling and records management system for Preceptors, Students, and Faculty. E*Value Experiential Management System (No Institutional Code is necessary to log-in.)
Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience (IPPE)
IPPE 2013-2014 Academic Year Resources
- IPPE-2 PHRM600 Syllabus 2013 (PDF)
- IPPE-2 Checklist for Preceptors (PDF)
- IPPE-2 Preceptor Assessment of Student- Midpoint (PDF)
- IPPE-2 Preceptor Assessment of Student- Final (PDF)
- 2013-2014 Experiential Education Manual (PDF)
Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience (APPE)
APPE 2012-2013 Academic Year Resources
Advanced Community Pharmacy APPE 701 (PDF)
Institutional Pharmacy APPE 702 (PDF)
Ambulatory Care APPE 703 (PDF)
Internal Medicine APPE 704 (PDF)
Elective Patient Care APPE 705 (PDF)
Elective Patient/Non-Patient Care APPE 706/707 (PDF)
National and State Board Examinations Prep 708 (PDF)
Preceptor Recognition Award Recipients
- We're pleased to announce the preceptors honored at our annual awards event!
Preceptor Continuing Education Opportunities
- Pharmacist's Letter Preceptor education and resource network link.
- Collaborative Education Institute (CEI) - Preceptor education and resource network link. *Easy access through E*Value link - log in to your E*Value record and click 'Learning Modules'.
- Consortium Mission and Experiential Programs Overview
- The Role of the Preceptor
- Developing Your Rotation
- Giving Experiential Students Constructive Feedback
CEI Modules include
Student Reference Materials
Here are some of the reference handouts we have prepared for use by our students. They are presented here in hopes that preceptors may find them useful as well.
- Suggestions for getting to know your student (PDF) Ideas for getting acquainted and working with your student.
- Learning Styles Resources (PDF) List of tools to use with your rotation students to better understand their learning needs.
- Ideas to Maximize the Pharmacy Practice Experience (PDF) This document provides some time-saving suggestions to think about when developing your experiential site.
- APPE Syllabi Template (DOC) & Syllabi Example (PDF) Here is a template to help develop a syllabus for your APPE. An example, for an Internal Medicine APPE, is provided.
- Schedule Templates, Example of planning out a student schedule for your rotation.