Registrar: About Us
The mission of the Registrar's Office at Pacific University is to provide excellent service to students, faculty and staff, specifically to:
- maintain timely and accurate records of the academic progress and accomplishments of its students
- assist students and faculty in evaluating student's academic progress as it relates to their present or potential academic programs, utilizing on line degree audit methods
- provide consistent and effective processes and procedures to students, faculty, and staff, in the areas of course scheduling, registration, course enrollment changes, enrollment verification, demographic information, major/minor declaration, grade processing, athletic eligibility, veteran's certification, and other related areas
- inform students of their rights and responsibilities as they relate to educational record privacy/access
- inform students as to institutional academic policy & procedures
- provide essential administrative support to admissions, specifically in the area of transfer credit evaluations and information
- provide essential administrative support to the faculty to assist them in their instructional and advisory responsibilities
- provide essential support to the administration, with reports, analyses, recommendations, and assistance with policy formulation.
The role of the Registrar's Office is not only internal management of student academic record services, but equally that of consultant to the university community regarding policies, procedures, and student academic progress services. The Registrar's Office will continually strive to develop more effective and efficient ways for the community to access and utilize information in accordance with those policies, procedures, and federal student record access guidelines.
This web site is a direct result of that philosophy, and, being purposefully dynamic, will grow and change accordingly. Along with being comprehensive, it is designed to allow you to move about easily. If you have any questions or desire further information, please contact a member of the Registrar's Staff (see Our Staff). We appreciate your suggestions and feedback. Again, welcome.