Dr. Sarah Cook Presents at Association for Applied Sport Psychology 2019 Annual Conference.
Sarah Cook, PhD, ATC
Sarah Cook, PhD, ATC is an Assistant Professor in the Athletic Training program.
2015-2018 PhD Physical Education, Concentration in Sport and Exercise Psychology, Springfield College
Dissertation: The Impact of an Educational Intervention in Sport Psychology using Self-Determination Theory on Athletic Training Students
2005-2007 MA Kinesiology, Concentration in Sport Psychology, University of Minnesota
2001-2005 BS Exercise and Sport Sciences, Concentration Athletic Training
2015-2018 Graduate Teaching Fellow and Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer, Springfield College
2016-2018 Mental Performance Consultant, Springfield College
2015-2018 Per Diem Athletic Trainer, Precision Athletic Training
2007-2015 Assistant Athletic Trainer and Adjunct Faculty in Athletic Training Program, Bridgewater College
2012-2013 Independent Consultant, Commission for the Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
2005-2007 Teaching Assistant, University of Minnesota
- Mullin, E., & Cook, S. Diversity Climate in Collegiate Athletics (Manuscript in progress)
- Mullin, E. M., & Cook, S. (2018). Coach-developed diversity climate and performance in collegiate athletics. [Abstract]. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 89(suppl), A-125-A-126.
- Cook, S. (2018, April). The Impact of an Educational Intervention in Sport Psychology using Self-Determination Theory on Athletic Training Students. Research presentation to Exercise and Sports Sciences Majors Club at Colby-Sawyer College (alma mater).
- Mullin, E., & Cook, S., (2018, March). Coach-Developed Diversity Climate and Performance in Collegiate Athletics. SHAPE America 2018 National Convention & Expo, Nashville, TN.
- Mullin E. & Cook, S. (2017, November). Autonomy Supportive Coaching and Developing an Inclusive Climate. MAHPERD Convention, Worcester, MA.
- Cook, S. (2016, April). Application of Self-Determination Theory to Recovery from Injury. AASP Northeast Regional Conference, Springfield, MA.
- Jarosik, S., O’Beirne, A., Beauregard, K., Cook, S., Fabian, D. ... & Brewer, B. (2016, April). Consulting Skills for Application in Multidisciplinary Sport Injury Rehabilitation Settings. AASP Northeast Regional Conference, Springfield, MA.
- Cook, S. (2004, March). The Effects of Guided Imagery on Rehabilitation from Injury. Alpha Chi National College Regional Convention. Providence, RI.
Committee Work/ Service
March 2018 SHAPE America Exhibitor for Springfield College Exhibit Booth
November 2017 Presider, MAHPERD Convention
Spring 2017 Girls on the Run Coach
2015 Reviewer for Journal of Sport Psychology in Action
National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA)
Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP)
Society for Health and Physical Education (SHAPE)
Massachusetts Association for Health, Physical Education, and Recreation (MAHPERD)