Vision Performance Institute
The Vision Performance Institute (VPI) is a leading research organization in the vision sciences. VPI is dedicated to research in product development and support and clinical care in vision performance.
The Vision Performance Institute is an academically affiliated research organization with ties to several universities, corporations and professional organizations. Originally founded and located at The Ohio State University in 2002 by James E. Sheedy, OD, PhD, the VPI now resides at Pacific University's campus in Forest Grove, OR. The Vision Performance Institute boasts a proud history of quality research in vision science that has been established as one of the premier vision research organizations in the United States.
Areas of Expertise
The VPI boasts an array of specialties, thanks to the diverse educational backgrounds of its researchers and contributors. Some noted areas of expertise include the following:
- 3D vision and display technology
- Vision ergonomics and computer vision
- Light toxicity and age-related eye disease
- Contact lenses
- Progressive addition lens design and technology
- Font design and legibility
- Accommodative and vergence interaction and dysfunction