Program Outline | MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences
The MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences makes the most of your time at Pacific University School of Pharmacy.
- First summer semester (6 credits; May-August): Lab research.
- Fall semester (17.5 credits; August- December): Intro to pharmaceutical sciences and scientific communication courses; more lab research; seminar series.
- Spring semester (13.5 credits; January-May): Advanced topics and scientific communication courses; more lab research; seminar series; general exam.
- Second summer semester (9 credits; May-August): Finish lab research and defend your thesis.
- Graduate with your degree
- Drug Discovery
- Drug Metabolism
- Cancer Biology
- Infectious Diseases
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Natural Products
PharmD/MS Joint Degree Program Option
In addition to the standalone MS program, the PharmD/MS joint degree program was designed for students interested in pairing the research-focused MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences degree with a clinical doctorate. The MS degree integrates with your predetermined PharmD coursework and is aimed at training researcher-clinicians for the ever-evolving role of pharmacists within the healthcare workforce.