Program Outline | MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences
The MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences makes the most of your time at Pacific University School of Pharmacy.
- Fall semester (12.5 credits; August- December): Lab research and research rotations; scientific communication; multiple shared courses with PharmD students (pharmacy foundations, pharmacokinetics, pharmaceutics & biopharmaceutics, personal & profesional development)
- Spring semester (9 credits; January-May): Lab research; advanced topics in pharmaceutical sciences, scientific communication
- Summer semester (6 credits; May-August): Lab research
- Fall semester (10 credits; August- December): Lab research; seminar series; take your general exam
- Spring semester (9 credits; January-May): Lab research; seminar series; defend your thesis
- Graduate with your degree in May!
- Drug Discovery
- Drug Metabolism
- Cancer Biology
- Infectious Diseases
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Natural Products
PharmD/MS Joint Degree Program Option
In addition to the standalone MS program, the PharmD/MS joint degree program was designed for students interested in pairing the research-focused MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences degree with a clinical doctorate. The MS degree integrates with your predetermined PharmD coursework and is aimed at training researcher-clinicians for the ever-evolving role of pharmacists within the healthcare workforce.