Interested in becoming a teacher?
Take coursework through Pacific University's 2-year fall hybrid program. While students' will be based in either Forest Grove or Eugene, this program offers a combination of face-to-face and online courses. Students only need to visit campus about once a month, and some coursework may also be offered in your local school districts. Practicum experiences take place in schools close to your home.
Applications are due Monday, Aug. 15, 2022!
Supplemental items required for the MAT program:
- Completed online application TSPC character questions (including a written explanation for "yes" answers and supporting court documentation if appropriate)
- Official transcripts from each college/university attended
- Resume detailing experience with children or youth
- Three letters of evaluation/recommendation
- A 2-3 page essay, double-spaced with your full name and date on the first page. Choose one of the following prompts:
Choose one aspect of your educational career that left you feeling unfulfilled. Research that topic (include 3 professional-level sources), add your personal experiences, and suggest how you would improve that aspect.
How do you think education will be different in a post COVID-19 environment? Research that topic (include 3 professional-level sources), add your personal experiences, and elaborate on your opinion.
How would you build a classroom community with a student who is unable to attend your class in person? Research that topic (include 3 professional-level sources), add your personal experiences, and elaborate on how you would accomplish that.
College of Education Graduate Admissions
Pacific University | 2043 College Way | Forest Grove, OR 97116