All are welcome to drop in at Old College Hall to learn the history of the building and its place in Pacific University's history.
Old College Hall was built in 1850 as Pacific’s first university building. Today, it is one of the oldest educational buildings still in use west of the Mississippi River.
The hall has been moved three times and now stands on the southwest corner of the Forest Grove Campus.
The cupola, or bell tower, has become a symbol of the university’s history, and the old bell still rings to commemorate special events. Many students ring the bell at the beginning of their academic careers and again upon graduation. The bell also tolls to mourn the deaths of members of our Pacific University family.
The sidewalks surrounding the building have been signed by hundreds of Pacific University alumni during 50th reunions.
No registration is required for this open house.