General Biology, Anatomy and Physiology — 12 semester credits/18 quarter credits
- General Biology with Lab-one course or term
- Human Anatomy with Lab
Human Physiology with Lab
Vertebrate Anatomy with lab and Animal Physiology with lab are accepted; human is preferred. Combined anatomy and physiology courses with labs accepted. Must complete full sequence offered.
Physics — 8 semester credits/12 quarter credits
- A standard year of General Physics with labs. Calculus-based not required.
Chemistry — 8 semester credits/12 quarter credits
- A standard year of General Chemistry with labs
Statistics — 2 semester credits/3 quarter credits
- One course from one of the following departments: Psychology, Sociology, Statistics or Mathematics. Biostatistics preferred.
Psychology — 6 semester credits/8 quarter credits
- One General Psychology course
- One additional course in psychology
English and Writing — 6 semester credits/8 quarter credits
At least one above introductory level course of at least 3 semester credits or 5 quarter credits
A combination of writing intensive coursework offered outside of an English or Writing department may be considered with valid evidence, such as syllabus.
Humanities/Social Sciences — 6 semester credits/8 quarter credits
- Courses taken from the following areas: fine arts, humanities, philosophy, religion, music, foreign language, English, sociology, psychology, political science, economics, history, anthropology, women's studies, etc.
Recommended Additional Coursework (not required)
- Organic Chemistry
- Cell Biology
- Exercise Physiology
- Medical Terminology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Development Psychology
- Aging and Disability
- Public Health
- Technical Writing
- Communications/Public Speaking
Conversion of Credits (semester credits vs. quarter credits)
All quarter credits must be converted into semester credits
- Quarter credits/1.5 = semester credits
- 1 semester credit = .67 quarter credits
- 5 quarter credits = 3.33 semester credits
7 Year Science/Statistics requirement
All science and Statistics coursework must have been completed within 7 years of the intended year of entry. For applicants applying for the Fall 2017 start term, prerequisite courses must have been completed in Fall 2010 or later.
AP credit, with an exam score of 4 or a 5, is eligible to fulfill the Psychology, English/Writing, and Humanities prerequisite requirements.
AP credit is not accepted for science or Statistics prerequisites.
Unofficial Prerequisite Worksheet
Pacific University offers an optional service for candidates who would like their academic history reviewed. Use the DPT unofficial prerequisite worksheet to help determine which prerequisites are fulfilled and which courses you may still need to complete for the School of Physical Therapy.
Completed worksheets can be submitted via email, fax, or postal mail.
Option 1: Email
To email your completed worksheet, please save a copy of the worksheet to your computer. Email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also need to attach any corresponding unofficial transcripts.
Option 2: Fax
To fax your completed worksheet, click the Print Form button at the top of the pdf file. Include a copy of your unofficial transcripts with the completed worksheet. Fax to (503) 352-7290.
Option 3: Mail
To mail your completed worksheet, click the Print Form button at the top of the pdf file. Include a copy of your unofficial transcripts with the completed worksheet. Mail to:
Office of Admissions
190 SE 8th Ave., Suite 181
Hillsboro, OR 97123