End of Fall/Winter Term Housing Process
Questions? Contact the Housing Office.
Leaving After Fall Semester or Winter Term
If you will NOT reside in University housing after the Fall semester or after Winter term you must notify the Housing Office via email by Nov. 22 at noon with your reason for leaving and which term (Fall/2017 or Winter/2018) you intend to check out of housing.
You must meet one of the criteria below in order to be released from your housing contract.
- Studying Abroad
- Approved to move off campus (Residency Waiver required, see calendar below for waiver submission deadline.)
- Withdrawing from Pacific
Request a Residency Waiver
Housing contracts are binding for the full academic year. If you wish to move off campus you must meet the Residency Waiver criteria, and the request must be approved by the Residency Options Committee. Students moving off campus without committee approval may be held responsible for payment of both room and meal plan costs through the end of the academic year.
Download a Residency Waiver Request (pdf) form.
Approved to Check Out
If you receive an approval email from the Housing Office to check out of your room because you are graduating, studying abroad, have an approved Residency Waiver, or are withdrawing from the University you must complete the following steps:
- You must set up an appointment with your Resident Assistant to learn more about the check-out process.
- You must check out of your room by the dates listed on the Winter Housing Process Timeline Calendar. These steps must be completed in order to avoid any fines as stated on page 9 and 10 in the Residence Hall Handbook.
- You will continue to be billed for room and meal plan until you have completed the check-out process. Once completed, your student account will be updated appropriately.
You DO NOT need to inform the Housing Office of your plans if you are or are not enrolled in a Winter term course, as long as you will be returning to your room for the Spring semester. You may leave your belongings in your room.
- The residence halls open at noon on January 6.
- Meal service resumes with dinner on January 6.
- The Fall meal plan ends on January 13 and the spring meal plan begins on January 14.
- Fall block meals will not transfer to the Spring semester but Fall declining balance will transfer.
- Meal plan changes are allowed during the first two weeks of Spring semester (January 29 - February 9). Changes must be requested using the Meal Plan Change Form in the Student Life Office during this time period.
Room charges and meal plans are billed to student accounts on a two-semester basis which includes Winter term for students who resided in on-campus housing during Fall 2017 and will reside in on-campus housing for Spring 2018.
The billing is different for students who do not reside in on-campus housing for the entire academic year. Note: No room refund will be issued for Winter term and Spring semester rent may be prorated.
Students with the following scenarios will be charged the standard weekly rate on a prorated basis for the month of January.
- Students who are approved by the Housing Office to vacate housing during the Winter Term or prior to the start of the Spring semester.
- Students who were not housed during the Fall semester and are checking into campus housing for the Winter Term.
Dec 1 | Holiday Break Housing confirmation will be sent by university email by 5 p.m.
Dec 4 | Residency Waiver requests are due to the Housing Office by 5 p.m.
Dec 5 | Residency Options Committee begins review of Residency Waiver requests.
Dec 8 | Residency Options Committee decisions will be sent by university email by 10 a.m.
Dec 14 | Residence Halls close at 10 a.m. for winter break for all students unless a request to stay during winter break has been approved by the Housing Office.
Dec 14 | Students not returning to Pacific, graduating, studying abroad, or have been approved to move off campus after Fall semester must be checked out and have all belongings out of their residential space by 10 a.m.
Jan 6 | Residence Halls re-open at 12:00 noon. Regular meal service resumes with dinner.
Jan 8 | Winter Term classes begin.
Jan 24 | Students not returning to Pacific for Spring semester, graduating, studying abroad, or have been approved to move off campus after Winter term must be checked out and have all belongings out of their residential space by 10 a.m.
Jan 24 | Housing opens at 7 p.m. for new or re-admitted students.
Jan 29 | Spring semester classes begin.
Jan 29 - Feb 9 | Meal Plan changes accepted through the Housing Office (two weeks only).
Feb 12 - Mar 14 | Spring Room Change Period. Room Change Request Forms accepted by the Housing Office until March 14 by 1 p.m.