2022-2023 End of Fall Semester Housing & Meal Plan Information
What are your plans after Fall Semester? Please be sure to read and follow the instructions under the topic headings below to gain more information and request applications/forms as needed.
Note: The residence halls close on Thursday, December 15 at 10 a.m. for the winter break (key cards and Vandervelden locks will be de-activated until the residence halls reopen on January 1 at 12 p.m.).
If you are approved to check-out of Housing in January, you do pay for your room and meal-plan through your check-out date. It is not free.
Questions? Contact the Housing Office by submitting a ticket in the Services Portal.
If you will NOT reside in University housing after the Fall semester or after the Winter term, you must notify the Housing Office via email by December 2 at 12 p.m. with your reason for leaving and which term (end Fall/2022 or end Winter/2023) you intend to check out of housing. Please note: If you check-out of your room during the month of January there are housing costs involved. It is not free, meaning you will pay for your room and meal plan through to your check-out date.
You must meet one of the criteria below in order to be released from your housing contract.
Approved to Check Out
If you are approved to check-out of your room because you are graduating, studying abroad or are withdrawing from the University, you will receive an approval email from the Housing Office with instructions of what you need to do to check out of your room. You must complete the following steps:
- You must set up an appointment with your Resident Assistant to learn more about the check-out process.
- You must check out of your room by the date listed in your check-out approval email. These steps must be completed in order to avoid any fines as stated in the Residence Hall Handbook.
- You will continue to be billed for room and meal plan until you have completed the check-out process. Once completed, your student account will be updated appropriately.
Please note: If you check-out of your room during the month of January there are housing costs involved.
Housing contracts are binding for the full academic year. If you wish to move off campus you must submit a Residency Waiver Request by the date listed on the Housing Calendar below. The request must be approved by the Residency Options Committee. Students moving off campus without committee approval may be held responsible for payment of both room and meal plan costs through the end of the academic year.
Contact the Housing Office by submitting a ticket in the Services Portal to request the form.
- The residence halls close for the Winter Break on Thursday, December 15 at 10 a.m. (key cards and Vandervelden locks will be de-activated until the residence halls reopen).
- If you will be returning for Winter Term and/or Spring Semester, you do NOT need to inform the Housing Office and you MAY leave your belongings in your room over the Winter Break.
- The residence halls re-open on Sunday, January 1 at 12 p.m. and meal service resumes with dinner on January 1.
Meal Plan Details
- The Fall meal plan ends on January 11 and the Spring meal plan begins on January 12.
- Fall block meals will not transfer to the Spring semester but Fall declining balance will transfer.
- Meal plan changes are allowed during the first two weeks of Spring semester (January 30 - February 10). Changes must be requested using the Meal Plan/Boxer Bucks Request Form during this time period.
Room and meal plans are billed to student accounts on a two-semester basis (Fall and Spring). There is an option to have your room at no cost for the month of January, if you meet eligibility (as noted in Option 1 below).
- If you resided on-campus for Fall 2022 and you do reside on-campus for Spring 2023, you will not be charged room costs for the month January.
- If you resided on-campus for Fall 2022 and you decide to vacate housing (with housing approval) during the month of January, your student account will be charged room costs (to the closest Saturday of your check-out date).
- If you are on a meal plan and check-out of housing after January 11, your student account will also be charged meal plan costs (Fall meal plan end January 11 and the Spring meal plan begins January 12).
Dec 2 | Residency Waiver requests are due to the Housing Office by 12 p.m.
Dec 6 | Residency Options Committee begins review of Residency Waiver requests.
Dec 7 | Holiday Break Housing confirmation will be sent by university email by 12 p.m.
Dec 9 | Residency Options Committee decisions will be sent by university email by 5 p.m.
Dec 15 | Residence Halls close at 10 a.m. for winter break for all students unless they have an approved Holiday Break application. Students not returning to Pacific, graduating, studying abroad, or have been approved to move off campus after Fall semester must be checked out and have all belongings out of their residential space by 10 a.m.
Jan 1 | Residence Halls re-open at 12 p.m. Regular meal service resumes with dinner.
Jan 3 | Winter Term 4-credit classes begin.
Jan 9 | Winter Term 2-credit classes begin.
Jan 25 | Students not returning to Pacific for Spring semester, graduating, studying abroad, or have been approved to move off campus after Winter term must be checked out and have all belongings out of their residential space by 10 a.m.
Jan 25 | Housing opens at 7 p.m. for new or re-admitted students.
Jan 30 | Spring semester classes begin.
Jan 30 – Feb 10 | Meal Plan changes accepted through the Housing Office (two weeks only).
Feb 13 – Feb 24 | Spring Room Change Period. Room Change Request Forms accepted by the Housing Office until February 24 by 12 p.m.