2021-2022 Winter Break Housing Process
What are your plans for Winter Term and Spring Semester? Please be sure to read and follow the instructions under the topic headings below that meets your Fall/Winter housing plans. Note: the residence halls close on Thursday, December 16 at 10 a.m. for the winter break and key cards and Vandervelden locks are de-activated.
Questions? Contact the Housing Office.
If you will NOT reside in University housing after the Fall semester or after Winter term you must notify the Housing Office via email by December 1 at 12 p.m. noon with your reason for leaving and which term (Fall/2021 or Winter/2022) you intend to check out of housing. Please note: If you check-out of your room during the month of January there are housing costs involved.
You must meet one of the criteria below in order to be released from your housing contract.
Approved to Check Out
If you are approved to check-out of your room because you are graduating, studying abroad or are withdrawing from the University, you will receive an approval email from the Housing Office with instructions of what you need to do to check out of your room. You must complete the following steps:
- You must set up an appointment with your Resident Assistant to learn more about the check-out process.
- You must check out of your room by the dates listed on the calendar below. These steps must be completed in order to avoid any fines as stated in the Residence Hall Handbook.
- You will continue to be billed for room and meal plan until you have completed the check-out process. Once completed, your student account will be updated appropriately.
Please note: If you check-out of your room during the month of January there are housing costs involved.
Housing contracts are binding for the full academic year. If you wish to move off campus you must submit a Residency Waiver Request, by the date on the calendar below. The request must be approved by the Residency Options Committee. Students moving off campus without committee approval may be held responsible for payment of both room and meal plan costs through the end of the academic year.
Contact the Housing Office to request the form.
You may leave your belongings in your room over the Winter Break, if you will be returning for the Spring Semester and you DO NOT need to inform the Housing Office.
The residence halls close for the winter break on Thursday, December 16 at 10 a.m. and key cards and Vandervelden locks are de-activated.
- The residence halls re-open on Sunday, January 2 at 12 p.m. noon and meal service resumes with dinner on January 2.
- The Fall meal plan ends on January 10 and the spring meal plan begins on January 11.
- Fall block meals will not transfer to the Spring semester but Fall declining balance will transfer.
- Meal plan changes are allowed during the first two weeks of Spring semester (January 31 - February 11). Changes must be requested using the Meal Plan Change Form in the Student Affairs Office during this time period.
Room & Meal Plan Billing Information (If you check-out of your room during the month of January there are housing costs involved)
Room charges and meal plans are billed to student accounts on a two-semester basis which includes Winter term for students who resided in on-campus housing during Fall 2021 and will reside in on-campus housing for Spring 2022.
The billing is different for students who do not reside in on-campus housing for the entire academic year. Note: No room refund will be issued for Winter term and Spring semester rent may be prorated.
- Students who were housed during the Fall semester and are approved by the Housing Office to vacate housing during the month of January.
- Students who were not housed during the Fall semester and are checking into campus housing during the month of January.
Dec 3 | Residency Waiver requests are due to the Housing Office by 12 p.m. noon.
Dec 7 | Residency Options Committee begins review of Residency Waiver requests.
Dec 9 | Holiday Break Housing confirmation will be sent by university email by 12 p.m. noon.
Dec 10 | Residency Options Committee decisions will be sent by university email by 10 a.m.
Dec 16 | Residence Halls close at 10 a.m. for winter break for all students unless a request to stay during winter break has been approved by the Housing Office. Students not returning to Pacific, graduating, studying abroad, or have been approved to move off campus after Fall semester must be checked out and have all belongings out of their residential space by 10 a.m.
Jan 2 | Residence Halls re-open at 12 p.m. noon. Regular meal service resumes with dinner.
Jan 4 | Winter Term 4-credit classes begin.
Jan 10 | Winter Term 2-credit classes begin.
Jan 26 | Students not returning to Pacific for Spring semester, graduating, studying abroad, or have been approved to move off campus after Winter term must be checked out and have all belongings out of their residential space by 10 a.m.
Jan 26 | Housing opens at 7 p.m. for new or re-admitted students.
Jan 31 | Spring semester classes begin.
Jan 31 – Feb 11 | Meal Plan changes accepted through the Housing Office (two weeks only).
Feb 14 – Feb 25 | Spring Room Change Period. Room Change Request Forms accepted by the Housing Office until February 25 by 12 p.m. noon.