2021 Summer Student Housing - process CLOSED. Deadline was April 23, 2021.
Summer Housing is available to current undergraduate Pacific University students enrolled in Spring 2021 and/or Fall 2021 who are looking to live on-campus for the summer as space permits. Graduate students interested in summer housing should contact the Housing Office for assistance.
Summer student Housing will be located in Gilbert Hall (2-3 people per apartment). The application deadline, priority assignment process and rate information are indicated below.
Please note: All criteria outlined here is subject to change due to COVID-19.
Summer Student Housing Application Request/Room Notification
- To request a Summer Student Housing Application you will need to email the Housing Office. The application submission deadline is Friday, April 23 at 9am.
- Approved summer student housing applicants will be notified of room assignments on Monday, May 3, at 5pm via Pacific e-mail.
- Entire summer (12 weeks) | $2,100 (May 16 - August 8)
- Partial summer rate | $175 per week (4-week minimum offered between May 16-August 8)
- Only academic related exceptions will be considered for less than 4 weeks.
- Per standard summer procedures summer housing students are responsible for their own meals.
- Summer Housing fees will be charged to student accounts in the Business Office prior to May 16. You will be charged for the amount of time you sign-up for on your application (entire summer or partial summer - per the dates you indicate with a 4-week minimum). Please contact the Business Office if you have questions regarding when payment is due or payment plans.
- Summer student Housing will be located in Gilbert Hall (apartment-style units with kitchens).
- There are limited rooms available; once they are filled, summer student housing registration will be closed. Note: all of the units will be filled with 2 to 3 people depending on the unit size.
- Assignments will be issued based on certain criteria with preference given to students who are staying the entire summer, have a Fall 2021 housing assignment, date the application is received, and reason for needing to be in on-campus housing. Generally we are able to accommodate all applicants.
- We will start the summer off with limiting guests to only those that live in Gilbert Hall. Therefore we will not be able to permit day or overnight visitors into your residence hall. These standards may be relaxed if it is determined to be safe to make a change.
- Summer housing check-in will be based upon when the summer housing units are cleaned and available. As units become available, students will be e-mailed with instructions. Students will be given 48-hours to complete their move once the e-mail is sent. Be sure to check your Pacific e-mail often.
- All summer housing residents will be checked-out of their assigned unit by August 8 by 5pm. Students with a 2021-22 housing assignment will receive an email with timing for transitioning to their fall room as the units are cleaned and available.
Special Housing Accommodations
- To be considered for special housing accommodations for summer student housing, you must work with the Office of Accessibility & Accommodation (OAA) Services in advance. OAA must have the accommodation request to the Housing Office no later than Monday, April 26 at 5 p.m. before housing assignments begin.
- Summer student Housing Application cancellation requests must be emailed to the Housing Office no later than Friday, May 14 at noon. A $25 cancellation fee will be applied to the student account.
- Due to limited summer student housing room inventory we are unable to accept cancellations after May 14 at noon.