2020 Summer Student Housing - This process is CLOSED
As we are facing many uncertain and unknown circumstances in relation to COVID-19, we wanted to let you know that we are able to offer summer housing to a limited number of students. However, we have to alter the way in which summer student housing generally operates and the typical location of summer housing to stay compliant with the “Stay at Home, Save Lives” executive order by Governor Kate Brown.
Summer student Housing will be located in Vandervelden Court (one person per apartment). The application deadline, priority assignment process and rate information are indicated below.
Please note: All criteria outlined here is subject to change as COVID-19 continues to evolve and new stipulations are put in place or altered.
Summer Student Housing Application Request/Room Notification
- To request a Summer Student Housing Application you will need to email the Housing Office. The application submission deadline is Monday, May 4 at 9am.
- Approved summer student housing applicants will be notified of room assignments on Friday, May 8, at 5pm via Pacific e-mail.
- Entire summer (12 weeks) | $1,680 (May 17 - August 8)
- Partial summer rate | $140 per week (4-week minimum offered between May 17 - August 8)
- Only academic related exceptions will be considered for less than 4 weeks.
- Per standard summer procedures summer student housing students are responsible for their own meals. If this changes and we can offer a meal option at an additional rate, we will let you know.
- Summer Housing fees will be charged to student accounts in the Business Office. The summer housing rate is charged to your student account prior to checking-in (similar to Fall and Spring). You will be charged for the amount of time you sign-up for on your application (entire summer or partial summer - per the dates you indicate with a 4-week minimum). Please contact the Business Office if you have questions regarding when payment is due or payment plans.
- Summer student Housing will be located in Vandervelden Court (apartment-style housing with kitchens).
- There are limited rooms available; once they are filled, summer student housing registration will be closed. Note: all of the units will be filled with one-person only (exception could be made upon request for students currently living together for Spring 2020).
- Assignments will be issued based on certain criteria with preference given to students who are staying the entire summer, have a Fall 2020 housing assignment, date the application is received and reason for needing to be in on-campus housing.
No Guest Policy
- Due to the "Stay at Home, Save Lives" executive order by Governor Kate Brown, no guests are permitted in your summer housing unit. Your room assignment is for your access only. Any violations to this policy may result in the termination of your summer housing privileges.
- Summer housing check-in will be based upon when the summer housing units are cleaned and available. As units become available, students will be e-mailed with instructions. Students will be given 48-hours to complete their move once the e-mail is sent. Be sure to check your Pacific e-mail often.
- All summer housing residents will be checked-out of their assigned unit by August 8 by 5pm. Depending on COVID-19 stipulations, students with a 2020-21 housing assignment may transition to their fall room assignment during this timeframe or remain in summer housing and pay additional housing fees.
Special Housing Accommodations
- To be considered for special housing accommodations for summer student housing, you must work with the Office of Accessibility & Accommodation (OAA) Services in advance. OAA must have the accommodation request to the Housing Office no later than Friday, May 1 at 5 p.m. before housing assignments begin.
- Summer student Housing Application cancellation requests must be emailed to the Housing Office no later than Friday, May 15 at noon. A $25 cancellation fee will be applied to the student account.
- Due to limited summer student housing room inventory we are unable to accept cancellations after May 15 at noon.