How to Apply | Clinical Psychology PhD
The 2017-2018 Pacific University School of Graduate Psychology Online Application is open!
- Recommended essay length: No more than one page typed and double spaced
- The GPA calculation form is a required part of your application and needs to be fully completed.
*Please mail all official transcripts to the following address:
190 SE 8th Ave. Suite 181
Hillsboro, OR 97123
The PhD program has been granted Accredited, On Contingency, by the APA Commission on Accreditation (see the APA Accreditation website for further details). Questions related to the program's accredited status should be directed to the Commission on Accreditation:
Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation American Psychological Association
750 1st Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002 http://www.apa.org/ed/accreditation/about/coa/
Phone: 202-336-5979 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements for Admission
- Satisfactory completion of a bachelor's degree (GPA of at least 3.3 is desirable)
- Prerequisite coursework
- Required: Research Methods, Statistics, Abnormal Psychology
- Recommended: Clinical Psychology, Experimental Psychology, Social Psychology, Cognition/Learning, Introduction to Psychology
- General Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- All applicants must submit GRE scores. Student's with a Master's degree can apply for a GRE waiver, but must understand that such a waiver can be denied. A request to complete the GRE may be a contingency of acceptance should it be determined by the PhD Admissions Committee.
- The General Graduate Record Examination (GRE) must be taken within five years prior to application
- The school code for Pacific University is R4601; there is no department code
- The Psychology Subject Test is not required
- Official transcripts from all previous institutions attended
- CV (Upload within online application)
- PhD applicant evaluation forms and letters of recommendation from two references- This process is now built into the electronic application. An applicant will simply need to provide their recommender's information and an email will be sent to them asking for the necessary documents.
- Completed essay questions (Included in online application)
- Completed GPA calculations (table included in online application)
Additional Admissions Information
In choosing students for admission, we look for individuals who have experience in research (e.g., as a research assistant, honors or masters theses, etc.) and whose interests match our training objectives and the research interests of our faculty. Additionally, we seek students with both the academic aptitude and personal qualities that will enable them to develop personally and professionally into effective psychologists.
The application deadline for the once-per-year fall admission is Jan. 3, and any applications received after the deadline may not be considered. A personal interview is required for all finalists who apply to the program.
Applicants are advised that Pacific University requires criminal background checks. This background check is required to determine students' qualification to provide services; it takes place after admission and deposit. A criminal record may disqualify a previously admitted student. In addition, drug screenings are required prior to the start of clinical practicum placements.
If you are interested in either the PsyD or PhD in Clinical Psychology programs please contact Piper Menke at email@example.com or 503-352-7226.