Coming Soon! New Clinic Space for the Hillsboro Student Health Center
In the University's ongoing effort to improve service to Hillsboro students, we are excited to announce that the Student Health Center will be moving to a larger, newly renovated space. Our new clinic will be located at Tuality Professional Plaza at 7th and Oak, 3 blocks from the HPC campus.
While our new Hillsboro space is being renovated during summer of 2017, all Student Health Center services will be offered at our Forest Grove location (2142 College Way) beginning Monday, May 22, 2017. See "Appointments" for detailed information.
The Student Health Center is a professional medical clinic with services provided by licensed Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants and Certified Medical Assistants.
Flu vaccine is currently available—Call for an appointment.
Services provided include:
- Treatment of Acute Illnesses and Injuries: Respiratory illnesses (colds, flu, bronchitis, pneumonia, ear infections), urinary tract infections, skin infections, acne, headaches, allergies, sprains, etc.
- Treatment of Stable Chronic Illness (on a case by case basis): Asthma, hypertension, depression, anxiety, etc.
- Sexual Health Services: Testing and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, birth control, emergency contraception, menstrual issues, vaginitis, etc.
- Health Maintenance: Physicals (sport, travel, general), PAP smears, family planning services.
- Contraception: Oral contraceptives, emergency contraception, Depo Provera, Free condoms
- Immunizations: Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, HepA/B combination, Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis (Tdap), Flu Vaccine, and Tuberculosis (TB) screening.
- Meningoccocal vaccine: Area pharmacies carry or will order this vaccine and can bill your insurance. Call pharmacy of your choice for information.
- HPV vaccine
- Titer blood test to determine immunity to Hepatitis B, Varicella, Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- Lab Testing: Some lab testing is done in the clinic (Rapid Strep, Urinalysis, Mono spot test, titers, STD testing). Other lab work can be ordered by Student Health Center Nurse Practitioners to be performed at a local laboratory.
- Prescription medication: Providers offer prescriptions for medication as needed after patient has established care with the Health Center. Some prescription medication and birth control is available for purchase at the Student Health Center. Prescriptions written for other medications can be filled at any Oregon pharmacy. The Health Center is not a public Pharmacy: prescriptions from outside medical providers can not be filled at the Student Health Center.
- Health Education and Counseling: nutrition, tobacco cessation, sleep counseling, illness prevention and stress management. Also check out our Health Topics information page.
- Referrals to Specialists as Indicated: A list of local physicians is available.
There is no charge for office visits. There are costs for lab, medication, immunizations, physicals and supplies. For more information visit the Student Health Center fee page.