Staff Professional Development Opportunities
Pacific University Human Resources department and the Staff Professional Development Committee (a sub-committee of Staff Senate) are pleased to offer multiple opportunities to further professional development here on campus, at community events, and online.
Information on how to apply for a grant or more information on workshops and trainings are provided below.
Staff Professional Development Grant Application
Human Resources’ Staff Professional Development Grant Committee is pleased to offer any employee meeting the criteria below, the chance to apply for a grant. These grants can be used to pay for a workshop, training, conference, professional license, or attend classes that would help advance their work at Pacific University.
To apply, employees must:
- Be a full-time/benefit-eligible staff member.
- Be employed for at least 90 days.
- Aim to apply at least 30 days in before the funds they are requesting are due (however, all applications will still be considered).
If you meet the criteria listed above, please submit an application.
Grant applications are reviewed on a rolling-basis and judged by a committee consisting of staff members from Forest Grove, Hillsboro, and Human Resources. The committee meets every other week and will inform the applicant of their decision within two weeks.
The 2019-2020 Grant Committee consists of:
- Ashly Tilden-Browning | Executive Administrative Assistant, Human Resources
- Melissa Vieira | Internship Coordinator, Career Development Center
- Jennifer Yruegas | Director of Human Resources and Legal Affairs, ex-officio
If you have any issues or questions, please contact the executive assistant to the provost/governance, Kim Greenwood, firstname.lastname@example.org.