Fan Chen, PhD
Dr. Chen received his PhD in Finance from the Price College of Business at the University of Oklahoma, as well as his master degree in finance from Singapore Management University. Dr. Chen has been teaching undergraduate and graduate finance courses at three different schools and received the Price Finance Teaching Excellence Award at University of Oklahoma. His primary fields of specialization are Corporate Finance, Market Microstructure, and Energy Economics. Dr. Chen’s research has been published in Journal of Financial Research, Energy Economics, Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, and Journal of Economics and Business. He also has one best paper award and two semifinalist best paper awards along with an impressive list of international presentations including European Finance Association and Financial Management Association annual conferences. Dr. Chen has been heavily involved with advising students at previous institutions as well as a member of numerous academic and finance associations. Some of his advisees’ achievements include Robert Barry Carson Best Paper Award and SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence.
Ph.D., Finance, University of Oklahoma (Price College of Business), August 2014
M.S., Finance, Singapore Management University, Singapore, 2009
M.A., Economics, Xiamen University, China, 2009
B.A., Financial Engineering, Xiamen University, China, 2006
1. The Wealth Effects of Dividend Announcements on Bondholders: New Evidence from the Over-the-counter Market, Journal of Economics and Business 86, July-August, (2016): 52-75. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jeconbus.2016.04.003
2. Investment and Operating Choice: Oil and Natural Gas Futures Prices and Drilling Activity, with Scott Linn, Energy Economics 66, August, (2017): 54-68. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2017.05.012
3. Pre-trade Transparency in Over-the-Counter Bond Markets, with Zhuo Zhong, Pacific-Basin Finance Journal 45, October, (2017): 14-33. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pacfin.2016.08.001
4. The Impact of New Debt Offerings on Existing Corporate Bondholders, (with Duane Stock). Journal of Financial Research. (2018) Vol.41 (3), p.383-410. https://doi.org/10.1111/jfir.12157
5. The Wealth Effects of Merger and Acquisition Announcements on Bondholders: New Evidence from the Over-the-Counter Market, (with Krishnan Ramaya and Wei Wu). Journal of Economics and Business, forthcoming.