'Perfectionists' Return to Film on Forest Grove Campus
Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists will return to the Forest Grove Campus in October for filming.
A production crew was on campus in March 2018 to film the pilot for the spinoff to the popular Pretty Little Liars series. The pilot was picked up, and the show has been ordered for a 10-episode run. Most filming of the remaining episodes will take place in a sound studio in Clackamas, but crews also will return to Pacific for additional scenes.
Set up will take place Oct. 23-24, with filming Oct. 25-26, and take-down on Oct. 27. You will see some campus signage changed to reflect the scene of Beacon Heights! You will also notice Metro Watch security officers on campus, which are hired by the film crew. Filming is being scheduled so as to avoid impact on any classes and with minimal impact on student learning. Crews will film in several campus locations, including Trombley Square, the north and west entrances to Marsh Hall, and the greenhouse, on Oct. 25. Filming will take place in Taylor Auditorium (Marsh Hall Room 216) during the afternoon and evening of Oct. 26 (no classes scheduled there during that time). Crews will return early Oct. 27 to remove props.
Students and employees can expect parking lot P to be closed 10/24 at 5:00pm through 10/27 at 5:00am as it will be used by film crews. Small generators may be set up close to where scenes are taking place. Crews will ask for quiet immediately surrounding active filming, but there should be little other disruption to daily campus life.
If you have questions, please contact Conference & Event Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. This page — pacificu.edu/perfectionists — also will be updated with additional details as they become available.
Thursday Filming Update
Parking on College Way will be limited. Special lighting cranes and generators will be moving onto campus.
Film crews will arrive and begin filming at 5:30 a.m. in front of Washburne Hall/UC.
Filming will then move to the front walkway of Marsh Hall from about 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Most of the day will then be centered around Trombley Square. You may experience delays when exiting and entering the Marsh Hall north entrance (to Trombley Square) and may want to use of front entrance.
Dusk until about 8 p.m. filming will take place at the greenhouse.
Friday Filming update
Filming will not start on Friday until 2 p.m. Crews will start arriving about 11:30 a.m.
Filming until about 9 p.m. will be contained on 2nd floor Marsh, basically room 216. The second floor hallways and landings will be congested with filming equipment and items moved out of 216. All hallways will be passable.
At about 9 p.m. filming will move outdoors to the front Marsh Hall walkway. Large cranes placed by Tom Miles Theater and on College Way will be used to light the front lawn of Marsh. Filming will wrap up about 4 a.m. and trucks will vacate Parking Lot P.
Crews arrive Saturday about 7 a.m. to remove signage, electrical cords, generators, and the many Beacon Heights University props.
This is an excellent opportunity for our Media Arts students to see actual filming of a popular TV series. It also provides monetary support to the university.
Thank you for your patience and understanding
PREP: Tuesday, 10/23 from 7am - 6pm
- Pre decoration of exteriors of Campus
- Pre decoration of greenhouse if possible
- Access to the lecture hall for interior prep between 7am - 9:00am, 11:40 - 1pm, and 5pm - 6:30pm
PREP: Wednesday, 10/24 from 7am - 6pm
- Continued pre decoration
- Majority of exterior lighting placements placed today
- Decoration of greenhouse
- Access to lecture hall before 9:40am, between 11:40 - 1pm
- Access to library extras holding spaces to get set up for following day's work
- Use of P Lot after 5:00pm for base camp trailers
FILMING: Thursday, 10/25 from 5:30am - 8pm
- Use of library extras holding areas. Will need access beginning at 5:30am
- Filming exterior Trombley Square and Marsh North Entrance scenes from 7am - 6pm
- Filming interior greenhouse scenes from 6pm - 8pm
FILMING: Friday, 10/26, Crew onsite from 7am - 2pm for early wrap of Greenhouse. Filming from 2pm - 4am.
- Continued prep inside of lecture hall from 7am - 9am and 11:40am - 1pm.
- Crews onsite will strike/restore the greenhouse
- Filming lecture hall from 2pm - 9pm
- Filming exterior West Marsh Hall and Lawn from 9pm - 4am
WRAP: Saturday, 10/27 from 6:00am - 4:00pm
- Wrap interior of lecture hall from 6:00am - 7:00am
- All interior cable/lighting will be wrapped from the hallways shortly after 7:00am
- Restore of all areas of campus as found