TLC Spring Tutoring
Tutoring and Learning Center offers peer tutoring to undergraduate students at the Forest Grove Campus for biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, statistics, writing, and world languages.
Drop-in tutoring is available Sunday through Thursday evenings from 7 to 10 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. No appointment is required. View the TLC Schedule for more details.
All tutoring is provided by fellow undergraduate students who have demonstrated mastery in the subject and are recommended by the department to help other students learn.
- Provide you with guidance in understanding and solving the problem.
- Help you identify and correct recurring errors.
- Review and help clarify assignments.
- Help you understand concepts that the instructor has already presented in class.
- Demonstrate similar processes and refer you to other sources.
- Help you understand the ideas presented in your textbook.
- Ask questions that will help you in the problem solving process.
- Provide you with additional examples and practice problems.
- Teach new material missed in class. Tutoring is not a substitute for classroom instruction.
- Tutors cannot do your homework for you.
- Guarantee an error-free assignment or a better grade. It is still your responsibility to do the work.
- Help with take-home or make-up tests.
- Check all homework problems.
- Proofread or review papers or assignments the instructor has determined is the student’s responsibility.