TV Show Films on Forest Grove Campus in August
The television show In the Vault, based on the 1952 short story of the same name by H.P. Lovecraft, will film portions of its second season at Pacific University’s Forest Grove Campus.
Filming will take place Aug. 6 to 20 in the University Center, the UC Patio, Marsh Hall 2nd Floor classrooms, Trombley Square, the Taylor-Meade Performing Arts Center patio and Berglund Patio. Additional night scenes will be filmed in the Library and Hanson Stadium.
Faculty, staff and students may experience short interruptions when moving from place to place, and a portion of Lot I, as well as street parking on College Way, will be used for support vehicles.
Guests are welcome to observe the making of the TV show but are reminded to be quiet when “action” is called.
The show also is seeking extras. Find opportunities at https://weeblemountain.com/in-the-vault
August 3, 2018 Update:
Following is the initial Filming Timeline which is subject to change depending on a number of factors
The Conference and Event Support Services office will try to keep you updated as much as possible.
If you happen to be in a filming location and are delayed for a few minutes your patience and understanding is appreciated. Please feel free to come and quietly watch the action.
- Monday, Aug. 6: Exterior Campus – Marsh lawns | Day filming
- Tuesday, Aug. 7: 2nd Floor Library | Day filming
- Wednesday, Aug. 8: UC Dining Room | Day filming
- Thursday, Aug. 9: Marsh Hall, 2nd Floor North | Day filming
- Friday, Aug. 10: UC Patio, Marsh West Lawn | Day filming
- Monday, Aug. 13: Berglund Lobby, Trombley Square, Marsh East Lawn | Afternoon and Night filming
- Tuesday, Aug. 14: Library Lobby | Night Filming
- Wednesday, Aug 15: Hanson Stadium, Parking Lot L | Afternoon and Night filming
- Thursday, Aug. 16: Library Roof | Night Filming
- Friday, Aug 17: Trombley Square, UC | Night Filming
- Aug 3 – 20: South Half of Parking Lot I | Parked for duration, Basecamp Trucks and Equipment
Contact us if you have questions or need additional information: Ext 2111
August 10, 2018 Update:
First week of filming, In The Vault, is almost complete. It has been a very productive week. The filmmakers are very pleased with the University location and cooperation they have received from our campus. All signs of “Woodlawn College” will be removed for commencement on Saturday so families and friends of graduating students are not confused by that name.
The film crew will return to campus on Monday to prepare for night filming. The location schedule will remain as listed. Filming will continue later in the day and go into nighttime. Scenes will be set and taken down during daylight hours.
Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation