Housed in the Student Life Division, the Office of Student Conduct strives to resolve all allegations of student misconduct under the Student Code of Conduct and other student policies at Pacific University, consistent with our core values of integrity, equity, and student development.
To the left, you will find the Student Code of Conduct, the Residence Hall Handbook, the Sexual Misconduct Policy, and additional policies. This site also contains information about what to expect if you are involved in a conduct process and how to report student misconduct.
We are Hiring: Become a Student Conduct Board Member
General Description of Position
The Conduct Board is one of the groups on campus that manages alleged violations of the Student Code of Conduct. The Board typically is a three person Board made up of students and staff. The kinds of alleged violations that are generally referred to this group include alcohol, controlled substances, noise, vandalism and similar offenses. Board members hear evidence from all sides and make a determination about whether the student in question has in fact violated a campus policy, based on a “more likely than not” standard evidence. If the Board determines someone is responsible for a violation, the Board assigns sanctions, such as warnings, fines, restitution, community service and/or educational activities.
You DO NOT need to have work study to hold this position. Starting wages start at $12.00 per hour.
- Filter for "Conduct Board" at Careers at Pacific University: Student Workers
- Review the job description
- Create an account to apply
- Submit application and completed essays via on-line application.
- Interviews and position offers will occur on a rolling basis until all positions are filled
The Office of Student Conduct strives to create a safe community for all at Pacific University by promoting integrity, civic responsibility, and learning. To accomplish this, the Office is committed to providing ethical and educational processes that foster high standards of behavior as well as student development and success, while treating each student with dignity and respect.
The Office of Student Conduct supports its mission by providing programs and services that:
- develop, disseminate, interpret, and enforce University policies and procedures involving students and student organizations
- protect the rights of the students who have been affected by misconduct as well as those accused of misconduct
- ensure all involved with the administration of the conduct system are well-trained and sufficiently prepared
- respond to student behavioral concerns in an unbiased, fair, and reasonable manner
- encourage students and student organizations to take responsibility for their choices
- provide learning experiences for students whose conduct may not be consistent with institutional expectations
- initiate and encourage outreach activities that serve to educate the community about the student conduct program
- balance the needs and interests of individuals with the needs and interests of Pacific University and the communities within the University, and others who may have an interest in the matter or outcome
- are regularly reviewed and updated in an effort to reflect promising and best practices in the field of student conduct, as well as to meet student and University needs
Equity | We believe every student should be treated with dignity and respect. Towards this end, every student has the right to bring forward concerns to be explored and addressed as appropriate. Additionally, we strive to ensure each student being addressed through our processes has the ability to share their experiences and to be heard by an impartial, well-trained party in a timely manner.
Integrity | We believe honesty is crucial to personal growth and community wellbeing. We realize that everyone makes mistakes and regretful decisions, and we believe that honestly addressing personal choices is essential to the learning process. Additionally, we strive to role model integrity through our processes, fostering a conduct system that embodies our values.
Student Development | We believe that student conduct processes should cultivate the personal, social and cognitive development of students while educating about community standards. To support our students in becoming future leaders and sound citizens, we promise to invest in their learning and character development.
Last updated July 2016 | Some sections of the mission and values have been inspired and adapted from other resources, including the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher education, and conduct offices at University of Maryland, Florida Gulf Coast University, and the University of North Alabama.