School of Pharmacy: A Collaborative and Diverse Environment
Earn your PharmD degree in a collaborative and diverse environment at Pacific University.
Pharmacy is not a stand-alone profession: Today’s pharmacists are part of an integrated healthcare system, collaborating with other professionals to provide care, improve patient outcomes, and conduct meaningful research. Below are some of the ways that Pacific University School of Pharmacy offers you a collaborative and diverse environment.
- Our campus is located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest on a dedicated health professions campus. You will have the opportunity to interact and work with students and faculty from other health professions.
- Diversity is one of the five pillars of the Pacific University mission. The university has students from nearly every state and from more than 20 countries.
- The School of Pharmacy community, including faculty, staff, preceptors and students, is very diverse and collaborative. We believe that exposure to a rich diversity of ideas is critical to the education and growth of all people, and we value the unique experiences and viewpoints of all of our community members.
- Pacific University is an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) with diverse students, staff and faculty. As part of this mission, the program provides outreach to students from Hawai‘i and Alaska to help train future pharmacists from these communities who are interested in providing healthcare to underserved populations.
- The PharmD program provides unique experiential education opportunities in a variety of practice sites in urban, suburban and rural areas in Oregon, as well as flexibility for students to identify high-quality experiential sites in their own states.
- The School of Pharmacy has a close relationship with Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center, a community health center serving Washington and Yamhill counties, which places special emphasis on working with migrant and seasonal farmworkers and providing care to members of our local community who need it most.
Commitment to Diversity
The Pacific University School of Pharmacy is committed to creating an educational environment that is free from intolerance directed toward individuals or groups. We strive to create and maintain an environment that fosters respect for others.
As a health science educational institution, the school has a mandate to address problems of a society deeply ingrained with bias and prejudice. To that end, and through the Office of Student Affairs, the school provides opportunities for educational programs and activities to create an environment in which the diversity and understanding of other cultures is valued.
The school does not discriminate on the basis of sex, physical or mental disability, race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, religious preference, or disabled veteran or Vietnam era status.