Applying for Aid | Undergraduate
Follow these steps to apply for financial aid from federal, state, and institutional resources.
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Available Oct. 1. For example, if you want to receive financial aid for the 2019-20 academic year, the FAFSA can be submitted on or after Oct. 1, 2018.
- Go to FAFSA.gov.
- Include Pacific University Oregon as a recipient of your processed FAFSA. Pacific’s FAFSA code is 003212.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool. You can transfer your income information directly from the IRS, simplifying the process and ensuring accuracy.
- Use your FSA ID to sign the FAFSA. Students and parents of dependent students must sign the FAFSA.
Respond to any requests for additional information from the Financial Aid Office
If we have questions about the information you submitted on the FAFSA, we will email you.
- To ensure receipt of emails, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book.
Check Financial Aid Self Service via Boxer Online for your financial aid award
The Financial Aid Office will email you when your financial aid award is ready to view.
- Notification for admitted freshman and transfer applicants begins in March. Upon admission, freshmen and transfers will receive credentials for creating a BoxerOnline account.
- Notification for current (continuing) College of Arts & Sciences undergraduates begins in late April.
Accept your financial aid award and sign your award letter using Financial Aid Self Service
- Log in to BoxerOnline.
- Click on Manage My Financial Aid.
- From the drop-down menu, choose My Awards. Accept (or decline) each award.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Award Letter. Click the acceptance box at the bottom of the page.
- If you are selected for verification, you cannot accept your need-based aid or sign your Award Letter. Complete verification requirements as quickly as possible so that your eligibility for financial aid can be finalized. Choose "Required Documents" from the drop-down menu on Financial Aid Self Service to view the steps you need to take to complete the verification process.
Review the Financial Aid Checklist on the home page of Financial Aid Self Service
The Financial Aid Checklist on the home page of Financial Aid Self Service (Boxer Online) will reflect any additional steps you need to take to finalize your eligibility for financial aid.
Complete loan requirements (if you accept a loan)
If you are borrowing a Direct Loan for the first time, you must complete a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling.
- Log in to studentaid.gov using your FSA ID.
- Using the menu on the left, click on Complete MPN.
- Click on the Complete Subsidized/Unsubsidized MPN button.
- Enter required information and remember to save a copy of the completed MPN for your records.
- Using the menu on the left, click on Complete Counseling.
- Under Entrance Counseling, click on the Start Entrance Counseling button.
- Select Pacific University Oregon in the Select Schools to Notify section.
- Complete the Entrance Counseling process.
- Once you complete the MPN and Entrance Counseling, your Checklist on Financial Aid Self Service (Boxer Online) will not update immediately. It may take time for these checklist items to show as completed; don’t worry.
- If you accept a Perkins Loan, the Financial Aid Office will provide you with information before the start of the academic year for which the loan is awarded.
Read your email for Financial Aid information
The Pacific Financial Aid Office communicates via email with admission applicants and current students.
- For prospective and admitted applicants, we will use the email you provide to the admissions office. If you change your email address, update the admissions office.
- For deposited applicants and current students, we will use your pacificu.edu address. Deposited students are encouraged to establish their pacificu.edu email account as soon as possible.
Sign up for Direct Deposit
- If you plan to work on campus (or off campus in a Federal Work Study Community Service position), complete a Direct Deposit Payroll Authorization, available through Human Resources. Return the completed authorization to the Human Resources Office.
- If you anticipate that a portion of your financial aid will be refunded to you (for housing, books, personal expenses, etc.), sign up for E-Refunds through the Business Office, which allows your funds to be directly deposited to your checking or savings account rather than waiting for a paper check refund.