MSW Professional Licensure General Disclosure

Pacific University provides this General Disclosure to students prior to enrollment or financial commitment.

Successful completion of the Master of Social Work program has been compared to the educational requirements for licensure or certification required for employment in each State and US Territory. If the program does not meet, or we are unable to determine that the education program meets the educational requirements, we have provided contact information to the licensing board for that State or Territory. Students are advised to determine, prior to enrollment, whether the program meets licensure requirements in the State or Territory in which the Student is located. Pacific University considers the U.S. State or Territory address included on the enrollment application as the student’s primary address. For student applicants who are members of any branch of the US Military, their assigned base or base of deployment is considered their legal residence.

For Student applicants who are members of any branch of the US Military, Pacific University determined the Student’s location is their legal residence. Students must provide formal notification to Pacific University when the student’s legal residence has changed to another State or Territory and when the new State or Territory is listed on the table below and is noted as Does Not Meet or Unable to Determine.



Does Not Meet

Unable to Determine

All 50 States 




District of Columbia (DC)




American Samoa (AS)



Please review American Samoa’s Department of Human and Social Services website for details about clinical and social services in the territory.

Commonwealth of Puerto Rico (PR)



Please review Puerto Rico’s Department of State website for additional details about obtaining licensure. Note, to obtain licensure in Puerto Rico an applicant must be a legal resident of Puerto Rico.

Department of State
Assistant Secretary of Examination Boards
Board of Examiners of Social Work Professionals of Puerto Rico
P.O. Box 9023271
San Juan, PR 00902-3271

787-722-2122, extension #4309

Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (MP)



Please review the Northern Mariana Island’s Board of Professional Licensing website for additional details about obtaining licensure.

Board of Professional Licensing/
Health Care Professions Licensing Board
P.O. Box 502078
Saipan, MP 96950


Federated States of Micronesia (FSM)



Please review the Public Health, Safety and Welfare website for Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) for details about obtaining licensure.

Guam (GU)



Please review the Guam Board of Social Work website for additional details about obtaining licensure.

Guam Board of Social Work
Health Professional Licensing Office
Department of Public Health and Social Services
123 Chalan Kareta
Mangilao, GU 96913

(671) 735-7404
Myrna L. Leon Guerrero –

Republic of Palau (PW)



Please review the Republic of Palau (PW) Ministry of Health website for details about obtaining licensure.

Republic of the Marshall Islands (ISO)



All health professionals in the Marshall Islands must be licensed through the Board of Health Professions. A social worker in the Marshall Islands is a mental health professional and includes BSW, BS, BS, MSW, MS, PhD, and LCSW. We were unable to locate contact information or professional credentialing information for this territory using an internet search.

For more information about the licensing law in the Republic of Marshall Islands, please download a copy of the Marshall Islands Health Professional Licensing Act of 2009.

US Virgin Islands (VI)



Please review Virgin Island’s Department of Licensure and Consumer Affairs website for details about obtaining licensure.

Assistant Commissioner, Office of Boards and Commissions
V.I. Board of Social Workers’ Licensure
Department of Licensing and Consumer Affairs
Golden Rock Shopping Center, Suite #9
Christiansted, VI 00820-4311

(340) 713-DLCA (3522)

Contact Us

Dr. Lalit Khandare | Program Director, Master of Social Work

Eugene Campus, Building 19, Suite 202-C

541-632-8827 |