Preceptor Resources | School of Pharmacy
The overarching goal of experiential education is to help students become active participants in the pharmaceutical care process. We look for preceptors that can help us achieve this goal.
Students, under the supervision of a preceptor, learn how to integrate their knowledge of pharmaceutics, pharmacology, pathophysiology, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacotherapy when developing individual patient care plans.
If you are interested in becoming a preceptor with our program, please contact one of the experiential program contacts.
The E*Value Experiential Management System (No Institutional Code is necessary to log-in) Our experiential scheduling and records management system for preceptors, students and faculty
- Experiential Curriculum
- Four Preceptor Roles
- IPPE & APPE Rotations
- Roles and Expectations of a Preceptor
- Site Expectations
Continuing Education Opportunities
CEI Modules include
- CEI Preceptor Subscription Instructions
- Collaborative Education Institute (CEI) — Preceptor education and resource network now accessed through E*Value. Log in to your E*Value record and click 'Learning Modules'.
- Consortium Mission and Experiential Programs Overview
- The Role of the Preceptor
- Developing Your Rotation
- Giving Experiential Students Constructive Feedback
Preceptor Recognition Award Recipients
We're pleased to announce the preceptors honored at our annual awards event! Pacific University School of Pharmacy Preceptor Recognition Awards Recipients (pdf)
- Suggestions for getting to know your student (pdf) Ideas for getting acquainted and working with your student.
- Learning Styles Resources (pdf) List of tools to use with your rotation students to better understand their learning needs.
- Ideas to Maximize the Pharmacy Practice Experience (pdf) This document provides some time-saving suggestions to think about when developing your experiential site.
- Appointment guidelines for external individials who are engaged in student learning for Pacific University School of Pharmacy.
- Rotation Schedule Template (pdf) A complete template for an Internal Medicine rotation that can be easily adapted for any type of rotation.
- APPE Syllabus Template (pdf)
- Contact us for information about accessing library resources or online preceptor development.
Maddie Fry, PharmD, RPh, BCACP | Assistant Dean for Experiential Education, Assistant Professor
503-352-3627 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Huy Hoang, PharmD | Coordinator for Experiential Advancement
503-352-7363 | email@example.com
Melanie Belles, MSEd | Director of Experiential Affairs
503-352-7293 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Paje Stelling, MAT | Coordinator for Experiential Education
Andrew P. Longhofer, MFA | Director of Student Experience & Professional Development
503-352-2677 | email@example.com