Required Housing Early Check-In | Fall 2022
If you are participating in any of the groups listed below, your supervisor, advisor or coach has already pre-scheduled your arrival with the Housing Office and they will advise you of the details.
Check-In Schedule by Group
- Move-in Crew RAs | August 1– 3, by self-check-in
- Summer Housing Residents | August 4– 6, 7 p.m. to 8 p.m through Summer RA
- Orientation Staff & Voyage Leaders | August 7, by self-check-in with supervisor
- Football | Aug. 9, 11:00 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. at Vandervelden Court (Late night check-in for players flying into PDX or traveling more than 5 hours by car from Forest Grove.)
- Football | Aug. 10, 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at Marsh West Lawn (move-in 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.)
- RAs | August 10 - August 13, by self-check-in
- Volleyball, Cross Country, International Orientation Leaders | Aug. 18, 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Marsh West Lawn (move-in 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
- CANCELLED due to having no scheduled arrivals
Men's Soccer & Women’s Soccer | Aug. 18, 11:00 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. at Vandervelden Court (Late night check-in for players flying into PDX or traveling more than 5 hours by car from Forest Grove.)
- Men's Soccer, Women’s Soccer, Voyage Participants | Aug. 19, 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at Marsh West Lawn (move-in 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. noon)
- Boxer Spirit Squad | Aug. 23, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Vandervelden Court
Checking In Outside of Designated Times | It is essential that you arrive during the established check-in timeframes. If you miss the designated check-in times, staff members may not be available to assist you until another open time block is available; see posted signage or the Resident Assistant on-call to see if they are available to check you in. Arriving outside of the check-in time may result in a $50 improper check-in fee.
Resident Assistant On-call
- Northside RA On-Call (Burlingham, Gilbert and Vandervelden): 971-275-2028
- Southside RA On-Call (Cascade, Clark, McCormick, and Walter): 971-275-2027
Meal Plan Information
Meal plans begin with brunch on Saturday, August 27.
If you are choosing to arrive early, you are responsible for your own meals. If you are required to arrive early, your department or sports team may provide some of your meals. Check with them for details.
Be sure to check out our What to Bring and What Not to Bring lists. Bring the essentials and then determine what else you might once you have moved into your specific room. Many items can be purchased in town after you arrive.
Linen packs available for purchase with On Campus Marketing (OCM). A portion of the proceeds go directly to the student-led Residence Hall Association.
On Your Move-In Day
Each student may bring guests/helpers along during move-in. If you have a family pet, please leave your furry friends at home as they are not permitted in the halls.
Parking | Please use designated unloading areas to unload and move in. There are limited hand carts available in and near the halls on a first-come, first-served basis; we recommend bringing your own moving cart or wagon. If you plan to park a vehicle on campus during the year, please visit Parking in Forest Grove to purchase your permit.
Filling Out Room Condition Report (RCRs) | Your RCR records what your room is like before you settle in. We will compare your RCR against the condition of your room after you move out to determine any changes that you may be responsible for. You will get a link to this form upon move-in.
Please complete your RCR the day you move in before putting your belongings away. This will give you the best opportunity to see the pre-existing condition of spaces like your floor, closets, walls, and mattress before they get covered up.
If you do not complete the RCR within 5 days, you may be subject to a $50 improper check-in fee and waive your right to appeal any charges assessed when you move out.
If you have any difficulties, contact a Residence Life staff member for assistance.
Storage | Did you store items on campus last spring? Check out how to access Summer Storage.
Check out our Housing Calendar when booking your travel at breaks and at the end of the year.