Built in 2007, Burlingham Hall offers apartment- and suite-style accommodations, as well as a community kitchen, lounges, and laundry facilities. Designed to give students a sense of community combined with increased independent living, the four-story facility is typically available for students ages 19 and up or who have fulfilled one year of the university’s two-year residency requirement.
Explore in 360° Photos | Apartment Living Room & Kitchen | Apartment Single Bedroom
Unit Furnishings | Room Types | Floor Plans | Amenities | Staffing/Security | Gender Inclusive Housing | Sustainable Living
Burlingham Hall Unit Furnishings
Each individual bedroom is furnished with:
- Extra-long twin bed
- Desk with hutch and chair
- Dresser drawers
Each apartment/suite living area is furnished with:
- Coffee table
- TV stand
- Television hookup in each living room (cable service at student expense)
- Mini-blinds on exterior windows
Burlingham Hall Room Types
Four-Bedroom Apartment (26 units/104 total beds available)
Each four-bedroom apartment has four single bedrooms and two full bathrooms, as well as a full-size kitchen with cooking island, refrigerator, oven and sink, and a shared living area. The bathrooms each have a tub/shower combination with access to one shared sink/vanity area. Each bedroom has individual closet space, and the apartments each have at least one additional shared storage closet.
Six-Person Apartment (4 units/24 total beds available)
Each apartment has two double bedrooms and two single bedrooms, as well as a shared living area and a full-size kitchen with breakfast bar and stools, refrigerator, oven and sink. There are two bathrooms in each apartment, each with a tub/shower combination and shared sink/vanity area. Each bedroom has individual closet space, and each apartment also has at least one additional shared storage closet.
Three-Person Suite with RA (3 units/9 total beds available)
Each suite has one double bedroom and one single resident assistant bedroom, as well as two full bathrooms with a tub/shower combination and shared sink/vanity, and an open shared living area. There are two shared storage closets. Suites do not include a kitchen, but students have access to the shared community kitchen.
Four-Person Suite (6 units/24 total beds available)
Each suite has two double bedrooms with closets, two full bathrooms with combined tub/shower and shared sink/vanity area, and an open shared living area. Suites do not include a kitchen, but students have access to the shared community kitchen.
Burlingham Hall Floor Plans
This sample four-person apartment layout shows one configuration of the four-bedroom/two bathroom apartment with kitchen and living room.
* Not to scale
Burlingham Hall Amenities
Burlingham Hall offers:
- Wireless internet access throughout the building
- Keyless entry to main entrances
- Main floor in lobby with fireplace and large projection TV
- Sports lounge with pool table, foosball, ping point and TV
- Games, movies, cleaning supplies and kitchen supplies available for checkout
- Community kitchen for social gatherings
- Community study lounge with adjacent study room
- Laundry room on main floor (machines are free)
- Vending machines in laundry room
- Trash and recycling rooms on each floor
- Exterior terrace
- Off-street parking available
- On-site covered bike storage
Staffing & Safety
- Burlingham Hall is staffed by a full-time Area Coordinator (AC) and paraprofessional Resident Assistants (RAs)
- An RA is on call from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Sunday through Thursday and 24 hours a day during weekends and holidays
- Property patrolled by Campus Public Safety
- All exterior door entries controlled by card access
- Burlingham Hall residents elect a Hall Council at the beginning of the fall term to act as the voice of the hall in examining policies and in designating funds for hall programming and amenities such as games, movies and equipment.
Gender Inclusive Housing
Suites and apartments in Burlingham Hall are mixed gender, meaning students may share common living spaces and private unit bathrooms with students of the same or different genders. If students opt into gender inclusive housing during the housing lottery process, double occupancy bedrooms also may be mixed gender.
Built in 2007, Burlingham Hall has achieved LEED Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council, making it one of the first LEED-certified residential buildings in the country. Learn more about how the building’s environmental design elements and how you can contribute to environmentally responsible choices in your new home with this Green Building Handbook (pdf).