McCormick Hall is a traditional styled residence hall with single, double and quad rooms, along with social and study areas, a community kitchen and laundry facilities. Fondly known as “Mac” and bearing a storied history among Pacific alumni, McCormick Hall is typically open to students 18 years or older.
McCormick Hall features single, double, and quad rooms. Each room is furnished with:
- Extra-long twin bed
- Desk with hutch
- Desk chair
- Wall unit with closet and dresser
A limited number of single, double- and quad suites also have shared bathrooms.
This sample double room layout shows one configuration of housing in McCormick Hall.
* not to scale
- Open balcony overlooking the giant main lounge where residents hang out, study, and participate in hall activities.
- Large lounge/meeting area on the lower level, "The Doghouse"
- Community study lounge
- Laundry room (machines are free)
- Community kitchen with supplies available for checkout
- Games, movies, pool equipment, and cleaning supplies available to check out
- Keyless entry in building with Boxer Card.
- Ethernet connection to the university’s Local Area Network (LAN) for each room occupant. Residents can connect to the Internet using the LAN or wireless connections.
- McCormick Hall is staffed by a full-time Area Coordinator (AC) and paraprofessional Resident Assistants (RAs)
- An RA is on call from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Sunday through Thursday and 24 hours a day during weekends and holidays
- Property patrolled by Campus Public Safety
- All exterior door entries controlled by card access
- McCormick Hall residents elect a Hall Council at the beginning of the fall term to act as the voice of the hall in examining policies and in designating funds for hall programming and amenities such as games, movies and equipment.
McCormick Hall is a mixed gender residence hall, meaning students may have neighbors of the same or different genders. Students who opt in to gender inclusive housing may have roommates of the same or different gender as well. Shared gender-specific bathrooms are located throughout the hall with toilets, sinks and showers. McCormick Hall also has four private-use all-gender bathrooms, but no all-gender showers.