McCormick Hall is a traditional-style residence hall with single, double and quad rooms, along with social and study areas, a community kitchen and laundry facilities. Fondly known as “Mac” and bearing a storied history among Pacific alumni, McCormick Hall is home to many first and second-year students.
Size: About 120 students
Features: Mac is a gender-inclusive hall. Four private-use all-gender restrooms are on 1st and 2nd floors. Bathrooms with showers are on 1st, 3rd, 4th floors and are designated as women's or men's.
Location: Across the quad from the University Center and dining hall, and close to the Health Center, and the Student Counseling Center. The most centrally-located residence.
McCormick Hall features single, double, and quad rooms, as well as a limited number of single, double, and quad suites (rooms attached to a bathroom, typically shared with one other room) . Each room is furnished with:
- Extra-long twin bed
- Desk chair
- Built-in closet and storage, including a dresser
- Views of the quad or University avenue
Double Rooms: 33 rooms/66 total beds
Each double room includes a bedroom with furniture for two people.
Single Rooms: 13 rooms/13 total beds
Each single room includes a bedroom with furniture for one person.
Double Suites: 6 units/24 total beds
Each suite includes two double bedrooms connected by a full bathroom. Each bedroom includes furniture for two people.
Single Suites : 6 units/12 total beds
Each suite includes two single bedrooms connected by a full bathroom. Each bedroom includes furniture for one person.
Quad Suites : 2 units/8 total beds
Each suite includes one four-person bedroom with an adjoining full bathroom. The room includes furniture for four people.
Because Mac is a historic building, the room shapes vary. A sample double room layout looks like this:
* not to scale
- Open balcony overlooking the giant main lounge where residents hang out, study, and participate in hall activities.
- Large lounge/meeting area on the lower level, "The Doghouse"
- Community study lounge
- Laundry room (machines are free)
- Community kitchen on 1st floor
- Keyless entry in building with Boxer Card.
- Ethernet connection to the university’s Local Area Network (LAN) for each room occupant. Residents can connect to the Internet using the LAN or wireless connections.
- McCormick Hall is staffed by a full-time Area Coordinator (AC) and paraprofessional Resident Assistants (RAs)
- An RA is on call from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Sunday through Thursday and 24 hours a day during weekends and holidays
- Campus Public Safety is available 24/7
- All exterior door entries controlled by card access