Vandervelden Court Apartments
Named for Forest Grove businessman and philanthropist Joe Vandervelden ‘37, Vandervelden Court apartments offer on-campus independent living opportunities for Pacific students who are 20 or older or who have fulfilled the university’s two-year residency requirement. Vandervelden Court apartments feature four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen and living area, and come fully furnished.
Explore in 360° | Apartment Kitchen and Living Room
Unit Furnishings | Room Types | Floor Plans | Amenities | Staffing/Security | Gender Inclusive Housing
Vandervelden Court Unit Furnishings
Individual bedrooms are be furnished with:
- Extra long twin beds
- Desk with hutch and chair
Each apartment living area is furnished with:
- Sofa/occasional chair
- Coffee table
- End table
- Smoke detectors
Four-Person Apartments (37 units/149 beds available)
Each apartment has four single bedrooms, two full bathrooms, and a full-size kitchen, including full-size refrigerator and microwave, opening to the living room.
One-Person Studio Apartment (1 units available)
This apartment has a sleeping/living room, a full-size kitchen and bathroom.
Vandervelden Court Apartment Floor Plan
This floor plan shows a sample layout of a four-person apartment in Vandervelden Court.
* Not to scale
Vandervelden Court Amenities
- Ethernet connection to the university’s Local Area Network (LAN) for each room occupant. Residents can connect to the internet using the LAN or wireless connections.
- Television hook-up in living rooms (cable service at student expense)
- Community lounge with flat screen TV, cable and DVD player
- Amphitheater seating outside and community BBQ area
- Laundry room (machines are free)
- Close parking
- Close to the Stoller Center
Staffing and Safety
- Vandervelden Court is staffed by a full-time Area Coordinator (AC) and paraprofessional Resident Assistants (RA)
- Property patrolled by Campus Public Safety
- Students living in Vandervelden Court are responsible for setting many of the parameters within their community, within the guidelines of the university code of conduct and university policies.
- Vandervelden Court also elects a Hall Council at the beginning of the fall term to act as the voice of the hall in examining policy and in designating funds for programming and amenities
Gender Inclusive Housing
Vandervelden Court is a mixed-gender living community. Students may share apartments with students of the same or different genders.
* Vandervelden Court is sometimes confused with the local Forest Grove Vandervelden Apartments. Vandervelden Court is an on-campus apartment community operated by Pacific University exclusively for Pacific students. Vandervelden Apartments is an off-campus privately owned apartment complex not associated with the university.