Walter Hall is a traditional residence hall offering single and double rooms, a community kitchen, lounges and laundry facilities. The largest of Pacific’s residence halls, Walter Hall is home to more than 240 students. Walter typically serves students who are 18 and older prior to the start of the fall term. It is a mixed-gender building and also home to Pacific’s identity-based housing with an all-men’s wing, an all-women’s wing, and the Rainbow Wing.
Walter Hall features single and double rooms. Each room is furnished with:
- extra long twin beds
- desk with desk chair
- stackable drawers
This sample double room layout shows one configuration of housing in Walter Hall.
* Not to scale
Walter Hall Amenities
- Main floor lounge with wireless internet, laptop work station, pool table, cable TV, ping-pong, foosball, vending machines, and comfortable leather couches
- Community study lounge
- Community kitchen with supplies available for checkout
- Games, movies, and cleaning supplies available for checkout
- Laundry room (machines are free)
- Keyless entry into building with Boxer Card
- Ethernet connection to the university’s Local Area Network (LAN) for each room occupant. Residents can connect to the Internet using the LAN or wireless connections.
- Walter Hall is staffed by a full-time Area Coordinator (AC) and paraprofessional Resident Assistants (RAs)
- An RA is on call from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Sunday through Thursday and 24 hours a day during weekends and holidays
- Property patrolled by Campus Public Safety
- All exterior door entries controlled by card access
- Walter Hall residents elect a Hall Council at the beginning of the fall term to act as the voice of the hall in examining policies and in designating funds for hall programming and amenities such as games, movies and equipment.
Walter Hall is a mixed gender building. In most sections of the building, students may have neighbors of the same or different genders. Students who opt in to gender inclusive housing may have roommates of the same or different genders as well. There are gender-specific shared bathrooms on each floor, as well as one all-gender bathroom with showers on the third floor and one private-use all-gender restroom (toilet and sink only) on the first floor.
Walter Hall also is home to Pacific’s three identity-based housing options with a men only wing, a women only wing and a Rainbow Wing for LGBTQIA+ students and allies. These identity-based options are available based on space and student interest and are adjacent to mixed-gender communities in the hall.