Primarily housing first-year students, Walter is a great place to meet people! It's known for having lots of open doors and community events for students to get to know each other.
Size: Walter's the largest residence hall at Pacific with more than 240 students, though it maintains a tight-knit feel with smaller wings coordinated by peer Resident Assistants
Features: Home to Pacific’s speicalty housing men’s wing and women’s wing, and otherwise gender-inclusive. In 2023-2024, Walter will feature 1 private-use all gender restroom and 1 private-use all-gender bathroom on 1st floor. Community bathrooms with showers are on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors and are designated as women's or men's.
Location: Next to some of the most important campus locations: the University Center and dining hall, the Health Center, and the Student Counseling Center. It even has the undergraduate Media Arts department in its lower level.
Walter Hall features doubles and a limited number of singles. Amenities for each person in a room:
- extra long twin bed
- desk chair
- stackable dresser drawers
- lots of built-in storage
- closet clothes hanger space
- big windows, most with views of our beautiful campus trees
Double Rooms: 121 rooms/242 total beds
Each double room includes a bedroom with furniture for two people.
Single Rooms: 7 rooms/7 total beds
Each single room includes a bedroom with furniture for one person.
This sample double room layout shows a typical way students arrange their furniture in Walter:
* Not to scale
Walter Hall Amenities
- Lobby lounge with study tables, couches, TV, ping-pong, and a printer/copier
- Additional study lounges on 1st and 3rd floors
- Community kitchen on 2nd floor
- Laundry room (machines are free!)
- Utilities are included
- Keyless entry into building with Boxer Card
- Ethernet connection to the university’s Local Area Network (LAN) for each room occupant. Residents can connect to the Internet using the LAN or wireless connections.
- Walter Hall is staffed by a full-time Area Coordinator (AC) and paraprofessional Resident Assistants (RAs)
- An RA is on call from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Sunday through Thursday and 24 hours a day during weekends and holidays
- Campus Public Safety is available 24/7
- All exterior door entries controlled by card access