Optimizing Care Across the Gender Spectrum, a one-day workshop on Saturday, April 6, provides tools for speech-language pathologists and educators.
MAT in General Education Application Information
The earlier you submit your application, the better the possibility of acceptance. Because the College of Education reviews applications on a rolling basis, well-qualified applicants may be immediately admitted. You may apply to begin the program in the summer in Forest Grove or in the fall in Eugene.
- A bachelor’s degree by the time you begin courses in the College of Education
- Experience with children or youth, particularly in a school setting
- College coursework as evidenced by official transcripts
Admissions Committee Considerations
- GPA (at least 2.75 as an undergraduate or 3.00 in at least eight semester hours of graduate studies)
- Strength of letters of evaluation
- Breadth of coursework (math, science, writing, literature, history, cross-cultural subjects, music, and art) for early childhood and elementary applicants
- Subject area knowledge for middle and high school applicants
- Writing ability as demonstrated in an essay
- Completed application form Graduate Online Application
- TSPC Character Questionnaire
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Letters of Evaluation: one from someone who has observed you working with youth, one from a professor who had you as a student, and one from an employer or supervisor
- Resume including employment history, licenses and certifications (if appropriate), experiences with children/youth of the age you wish to teach, and education history (include degrees held)
- $35 application fee (waived for Pacific University graduates)
- A two-page essay on an educational topic or issue of your choice
If you have questions at any time during the admissions process, please contact the College of Education Admissions Office. We look forward to assisting you!
Diana Watkins | Associate Director of Graduate & Professional Admissions
Forest Grove & Woodburn
503-352-1435 | email@example.com
Sara Summers | Assistant Director of Graduate & Professional Admissions
541-632-8805 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education recently elevated the university to a Doctoral/Professional University from its prior designation as a Master's University.
Todd Hamilton MAT ’95 was recently chosen by the Springfield (Ore.) School Board of Education to be the next superintendent of Springfield Public Schools.