Pacific Dental Hygiene Clinic Patients
Becoming a Patient
The clinic is open throughout the year, including summers. Day and evening hours vary each semester. Please call 503-352-7373 for exact times or to schedule an appointment. A few things to note about the clinic
- The Dental Hygiene Clinic provides care for adults and children age three and older
- Appointments are required
- We cannot accommodate walk-in patients
- All new patients will be appointed for a screening visit to determine your oral health care needs. Children usually do not need a screening visit.
- Clinic appointments may last up to 4 hours. It is important that you are available for the entire appointment time
- Patients often need to return for two or more visits to complete treatment. The number of appointments needed will be determined by your oral health needs.
For additional information or to make an appointment, contact us at: 503-352-7373
Patients have the right to:
- Be treated in a considerate, respectful and confidential manner
- Expect reasonable continuity of care
- Receive complete, current and accurate information about their oral health condition
- Be informed in advance of fees for service
- An explanation of recommended treatment
- An explanation of treatment alternatives, risk of no treatment, expected outcomes of various treatments and the option to refuse treatment
- Treatment that meets professional standards of care
- Give informed consent prior to the initiation of treatment
- Be referred for other dental treatment needs
Our dental hygiene students have a limited amount of time set aside to complete their clinical requirements. They depend on you to help them. Their time, like yours, is very valuable. If you must cancel an appointment, please call us at 503-352-7373 at least 48 hours in advance. Missed appointments, late cancelations or tardiness may result in dismissal from the clinic. Your cooperation will help us to serve you better.
All minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to provide consent for treatment.
The parent or legal guardian must remain in the Dental Hygiene Clinic during the entire appointment.
Health, Safety and Privacy
With concern for your health and safety, and in accordance with accepted practices, we follow standard precautions for all patients and we continuously monitor compliance. By request, our written policy regarding blood-borne and infectious diseases is available. We consistently strive to maintain the confidentiality of information pertaining to the health status of each individual. We may use information for educational purposes as specified on the patient registration/consent form. Any information that we request or send to any other health care professional or agency will be done so according to our HIPAA Privacy Policies and Practices. We will not transmit information electronically without consent.