Housed in the Student Life Division, the Office of Student Conduct strives to resolve all allegations of student misconduct under the Student Code of Conduct and other student policies at Pacific University, consistent with our core values of integrity, equity, and student development.
To the left, you will find the Student Code of Conduct, the Residence Hall Handbook, the Sexual Misconduct Policy, and additional policies. This site also contains information about what to expect if you are involved in a conduct process and how to report student misconduct.
Office of Student Conduct Mission and Values
The Office of Student Conduct strives to create a safe community for all at Pacific University by promoting integrity, civic responsibility, and learning. To accomplish this, the Office is committed to providing ethical and educational processes that foster high standards of behavior as well as student development and success, while treating each student with dignity and respect.
The Office of Student Conduct supports its mission by providing programs and services that:
- develop, disseminate, interpret, and enforce University policies and procedures involving students and student organizations
- protect the rights of the students who have been affected by misconduct as well as those accused of misconduct
- ensure all involved with the administration of the conduct system are well-trained and sufficiently prepared
- respond to student behavioral concerns in an unbiased, fair, and reasonable manner
- encourage students and student organizations to take responsibility for their choices
- provide learning experiences for students whose conduct may not be consistent with institutional expectations
- initiate and encourage outreach activities that serve to educate the community about the student conduct program
- balance the needs and interests of individuals with the needs and interests of Pacific University and the communities within the University, and others who may have an interest in the matter or outcome
- are regularly reviewed and updated in an effort to reflect promising and best practices in the field of student conduct, as well as to meet student and University needs
We believe every student should be treated with dignity and respect. Towards this end, every student has the right to bring forward concerns to be explored and addressed as appropriate. Additionally, we strive to ensure each student being addressed through our processes has the ability to share their experiences and to be heard by an impartial, well-trained party in a timely manner.
We believe honesty is crucial to personal growth and community wellbeing. We realize that everyone makes mistakes and regretful decisions, and we believe that honestly addressing personal choices is essential to the learning process. Additionally, we strive to role model integrity through our processes, fostering a conduct system that embodies our values.
We believe that student conduct processes should cultivate the personal, social and cognitive development of students while educating about community standards. To support our students in becoming future leaders and sound citizens, we promise to invest in their learning and character development.
Last updated July 2016
Some sections of the mission and values have been inspired and adapted from other resources, including the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher education, and conduct offices at University of Maryland, Florida Gulf Coast University, and the University of North Alabama.