Two-Year Graduation Guarantee
Changing schools doesn’t mean starting over. When you transfer to Pacific University with an eligible associate’s degree, you can complete your bachelor’s degree in two years.
We guarantee Pacific will provide all the courses that you will need to graduate in a qualifying major in two years. If we fail to offer a required course, Pacific will authorize a substitute, waive the requirement, or cover the tuition costs for you to take the required course(s) at Pacific the next semester that it is offered.
Here's How It Works
Students who transfer to Pacific University with an associate’s degree from a school in Oregon, Washington, California or Hawai‘i are eligible for the guarantee as part of the Pacific Priority program. You will meet with an advisor from Academic & Career Advising and complete your academic plan. Then, follow that plan to qualify for the guarantee.
- Complete an AAOT (Oregon), DTA (Washington), IGETC/CSU-GE (California) or LBRT (Hawai‘i) degree before entering Pacific.
- Meet with an advisor from Academic & Career Advising to complete a Two-Year Academic Plan.
- Maintain continuous, full-time enrollment for four semesters and two winter terms.
- Remain in satisfactory academic standing in all semesters of attendance, completing all coursework with a grade of C or better.
- Have no registration holds or restrictions that would prevent you from registering for classes during assigned registration periods.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress toward completion of the degree and the established Two-Year Academic Plan.
- Meet with your academic advisor each semester to review graduation requirements.
The two-year graduation guarantee applies to Forest Grove undergraduate students in most majors.
Some majors have complex progressions that are not reasonable to complete in two years, depending on prerequisites, and a few of Pacific’s undergraduate programs are specifically designed to take longer than a traditional four years. Eligible majors will be identified during your initial academic planning meeting.
Dual-degree pathways, like the kinesiology/athletic training 3:2 program, engineering science 3:2 program, environmental science/pharmacy 3:3 program and other programs, are not eligible for the two-year guarantee.