Program Admissions | Pharmacy
The Pharmacy Admissions Committee takes a number of factors into consideration when making admission decisions.
- Personal Statements
- Knowledge of Pharmacy Profession and Pacific University
Below is additional insight regarding each admission factor and tips on how to help you prepare.
- Strength and breadth of your academic record
- Completion of 62 semester credits of prerequisites
Note: We have a recommended 2.7 GPA in the following three areas: science, cumulative and last 45 semester credit hour GPAs. Applicants with below a 2.7 GPA in any of the areas mentioned above will still be eligible for review by the admissions committee. We utilize the PharmCAS-calculated GPAs, which is an average of all grades from all institutions attended.
- Pacific University requires only two reference forms
- References should be from college/university faculty members, advisors, pre-professional committees, supervisors, employers or licensed pharmacists that you have worked, volunteered or observed within a professional capacity.
- Quality of your writing as demonstrated by the personal statement on the PharmCAS application
Through the essay questions, we are trying to learn something about you as an individual.
Knowledge of Pharmacy Profession and Pacific
Take detailed notes and deepen your understanding and knowledge of the pharmacy profession, as well as why a career in pharmacy and attending Pacific University’s School of Pharmacy is aligned with your overall life goals, plans and values.
- Depth and breadth of community/volunteer activities and cultural awareness
- We do not require pharmacy experience but it is highly recommended
- The content of application forms and the care in which you have prepared them