The Student Health Center is a professional medical clinic with services provided by nationally certified, licensed Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants, and Certified Medical Assistants.
Flu Vaccine is Available
Cost is $25 and can be billed to student account, paid with cash or check (receipts are available to submit to HSA or for insurance reimbursement). Students with University student insurance plan will have charges billed and there is no out of pocket cost.
Services provided include:
- Treatment of Acute Illnesses and Injuries: Respiratory illnesses (colds, flu, bronchitis, pneumonia, ear infections), urinary tract infections, skin infections, acne, headaches, allergies, sprains, etc.
- Treatment of Stable Chronic Illness (on a case by case basis): Asthma, hypertension, depression, anxiety, etc. See additional information below regarding mental health medication treatment.
- Sexual Health Services: Testing and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, birth control, emergency contraception, menstrual issues, vaginitis, etc.
- Health Maintenance: Physicals (sport, travel, general), PAP smears, family planning services.
- Contraception: Oral contraceptives, emergency contraception, Depo Provera, Free condoms
- Immunizations: Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, HepA/B combination, Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis (Tdap), Flu Vaccine, and Tuberculosis (TB) screening.
- Meningoccocal vaccine: Area pharmacies carry or will order this vaccine and can bill your insurance. Call pharmacy of your choice for information.
- HPV vaccine
- Titer blood test to determine immunity to Hepatitis B, Varicella, Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- Lab Testing: Some lab testing is done in the clinic (Rapid Strep, Urinalysis, Mono spot test, titers, STD testing). Other lab work can be ordered by Student Health Center providers to be performed at a local laboratory.
- Prescription medication: Providers offer prescriptions for medication as needed after patient has established care with the Health Center. Some prescription medication and birth control is available for purchase at the Student Health Center. Prescriptions written for other medications can be filled at any Oregon pharmacy. The Health Center is not a public Pharmacy: prescriptions from outside medical providers can not be filled at the Student Health Center.
- Health Education and Counseling: nutrition, tobacco cessation, sleep counseling, illness prevention and stress management. Also check out our Health Topics information page.
- Medication management for students with anxiety, depression, students who may need a higher level of medication management may be referred to a Specialist.
- Referrals to Specialists as Indicated: A list of local physicians is available.
For more information, please call the Student Health Center 503-352-2269.
There is no charge for office visits at the Student Health Center. There are costs for lab, medication, immunizations, physicals and supplies. For more information visit the Student Health Center fee page.