The Student Health Center is a professional medical clinic with services provided by nationally certified, licensed Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants, and Certified Medical Assistants.
Students, Faculty and Staff who have filed a COVID vaccine exemption must be tested weekly. Weekly testing will be offered on the following days & locations:
Forest Grove Clinic on Mondays and Wednesdays from noon to 1:00 and 3:00 to 4:00
Link to sign up for FG Clinic testing: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B054FADA722A1FE3-covid
Hillsboro Clinic on Tuesdays and Thursdays from noon to 1:00 and 3:00 to 4:00: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B054FADA722A1FE3-covid1
Limited Supply of Flu Vaccine Available October 2021
The Student Health Center has received a limited supply of the 2021-22 Flu vaccine. Call to scheduled your appointment 503-352-2269
Services provided include:
- Treatment of Acute Illnesses and Injuries: Respiratory illnesses (colds, flu, bronchitis, pneumonia, ear infections), urinary tract infections, skin infections, acne, headaches, allergies, sprains, etc.
- Treatment of Stable Chronic Illness (on a case by case basis): Asthma, hypertension, depression, anxiety, etc. See additional information below regarding mental health medication treatment.
- Sexual Health Services: Testing and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, birth control, emergency contraception, menstrual issues, vaginitis, etc.
- Health Maintenance: Physicals (sport, travel, general), PAP smears, family planning services.
- Contraception: Oral contraceptives, emergency contraception, Depo Provera, Free condoms
- Immunizations: Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, HepA/B combination, Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis (Tdap), Flu Vaccine, and Tuberculosis (TB) screening.
- Meningoccocal vaccine: Area pharmacies carry or will order this vaccine and can bill your insurance. Call pharmacy of your choice for information.
- HPV vaccine
- Titer blood test to determine immunity to Hepatitis B, Varicella, Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- Lab Testing: Some lab testing is done in the clinic (Rapid Strep, Urinalysis, Mono spot test, titers, STD testing). Other lab work can be ordered by Student Health Center providers to be performed at a local laboratory.
- Prescription medication: Providers offer prescriptions for medication as needed after patient has established care with the Health Center. Some prescription medication and birth control is available for purchase at the Student Health Center. Prescriptions written for other medications can be filled at any Oregon pharmacy. The Health Center is not a public Pharmacy: prescriptions from outside medical providers can not be filled at the Student Health Center.
- Health Education and Counseling: nutrition, tobacco cessation, sleep counseling, illness prevention and stress management. Also check out our Health Topics information page.
- Medication management for students with anxiety, depression, students who may need a higher level of medication management may be referred to a Specialist.
- Referrals to Specialists as Indicated: A list of local physicians is available.